Florida Pitcher going to the ninth with a

millbank

Wow! Shouldn't your post alone have blown it?  ;)

763492[/snapback]

The Pitcher likely was not reading the wall so it was alright. I think its just wrong to mention it to pitcher, team-mates and others may discuss it.

Mind you I likely would have paid dearly had he not got throught the ninth, it clearly would have been assumed to be my fault and I would have been in disgrace for the rest of my days ;) .......

No Hitter

Wow! Shouldn't your post alone have blown it?  ;)

763492[/snapback]

I heard an interview Dan Uggla from the Marlins, and he said the whole team was talking about it during the game (against the traditional baseball superstition.) He said they were bringing it up to Sanchez and pumping up the pitcher, saying he was going to do it. Between innings they were fanning him off with towels and joking with him and stuff like that.

The Marlins sound like a good bunch of young players who are playing loose right now. Too bad there were about 8,000 people in the 65,000-seat stadium there to watch it (paid attendance was around 12,000, but reports say there were less than that there.)

One of sport's most exciting moments...egde of the seat stuff, fans with their caps in rally position (before it became a doofus fashion statement).

Saw Doug Drabeck carry one into the top of the ninth in the '80's, against the Padres (I think). Pirates rang up a bunch of hits in the bottom of the eighth, so he sat a long while.

Hitter smacked a tough grounder into the infield, and John Candelosi who was playing short tried his best but couldn't snag it in time.

Wow! Shouldn't your post alone have blown it?  :P

763492[/snapback]

I was at a game on Tuesday and the kid sitting behind me threw out the words no hitter... after the first inning. Does the jinx even count at that point? I'd say that it doesn't really kick in until at least the 5th or 6th inning.

I think the last hitter was safe at first. Could the Shortstop have taken any more time in throwing the ball??? The pitcher got the feel good call from the ump at first, the guy was safe by half a step.

Just sayin'

763798[/snapback]

Wow that was definitely close. Could Ramirez have patted the ball into his glove one more time before he threw it? What was with that?

However, the ump made the call right away, and there was absolutely no argument from the Arizona player. I've seen the play several times, but I haven't seen a slowed down replay that shows me he's safe. But seriously, a two-hopper to short and the SS takes his sweet ass time to make it a bang-bang play at 1st? Crazy.

It's a single if he beats that out, not an error on the SS. That would've been wild.

I heard an interview Dan Uggla from the Marlins, and he said the whole team was talking about it during the game (against the traditional baseball superstition.)  He said they were bringing it up to Sanchez and pumping up the pitcher, saying he was going to do it.  Between innings they were fanning him off with towels and joking with him and stuff like that. 

The Marlins sound like a good bunch of young players who are playing loose right now.  Too bad there were about 8,000 people in the 65,000-seat stadium there to watch it (paid attendance was around 12,000, but reports say there were less than that there.)

763742[/snapback]

The problem with the stadium is that it's so far out of the way. Fine for football, for once a week NFL football. But baseball is almost everyday, and I never felt like driving an hour with traffic for the games. The stadium needs to be actually in Miami.

The problem with the stadium is that it's so far out of the way. Fine for football, for once a week NFL football. But baseball is almost everyday, and I never felt like driving an hour with traffic for the games. The stadium needs to be actually in Miami.

764019[/snapback]

If only the politicians could get their act together to get this team a new stadium. For some reason, the Florida Legislature kills the Marlins' chances every year. All the Marlins have asked for is that the legistlature waive the sales tax revenue that would accrue from the stadium -- in other words, waive tax revenue that otherwise would not exist but for the stadium. Every year, some north or central Florida leader of the Florida Senate kills the bill or does not allow it to even get to the floor.

It would be great if the Marlins had a stadium in downtown Miami.

Anibal Sánchez  of the Florida Marlins starting the ninth with a no hitter against Arizona..

763464[/snapback]

If you ever put up a post like this during any type of Buffalo sporting event, I will hunt you down.

Examples:

Hey guys, five minutes left in the third and Miller has a shut out...

or

Wow, JP has thrown 187 consecutive passes without a pick...