2006 Bills: A very refreshing thought

Like A Mofo

There are posts here on this board that complain about the lack of publicity the Bills get from the national media...and yes, of course all Bills fans would want to see other NFL fans and "experts" talk about the Buffalo Bills, but given how this team was hyped the last few years....I believe Bills fans need to embrace the silence on shows like NFL Live.

My new motto for the 2006 Bills:

2006 Buffalo Bills: Zero Expectations

One of the things that made the 2005-2006 Buffalo Sabres so enjoyable to watch was the expectation factor before the season started. Very few "experts" picked the Sabres to do much of anything. And watching the team exceed those expectations by far IMO was one of the most enjoyable moments for me as a Buffalo sports fan since 1982.

Now I am not suggesting that the Buffalo Bills will go 12-4 and make it to the AFC Championship game, but given the hype of the TD era only to be disappointed time after time....just go into this season with a worry free attitude...just enjoy watching the Buffalo Bills....enjoy the tailgates....enjoy watching the team grow...or fail...no expectations. Because if the Bills do anything good, it will be so much more enjoyable then seeing the TD overhyped era of Buffalo Bills football lose a playoff berth to a 4th string QB.

So forget ESPN. Forget HBO sports, ABC etc. Forget what bafoons like Colin Cownerd say. Just sit back and enjoy the games.