[MOVIE] Wickerman w/ Nick Cage

stevestojan

Ok, just got back from seeing this movie. Still not sure if I loved it or hated it.

I understand the premise, of course. A group of nut jobs makes sacrafices of outsiders who are still somehow related to them. Nick Cage's set up takes about 8 years or so (Assuming it started a couple years before the little girl was born, when he met his girlfriend). The next "wickerman" is the cop at the end in the bar...

My problem is the whole scene with the car, and the semi-truck. Why is that needed in the movie? I am likely missing something, but what does it add? Is that girl his daughter? How would he have any idea what she looked like? And even if it was her, what does it add to the plot?

Just saw this movie last night, and yeah I could understand how on a trip could help you figure out this movie. I usually enjoy movies like this with the Hitchcock twist to em. However this one seemed a bit too far out there.

Steve, I gotta agree with you, the car scene was kinda pointless. the only thing I can think of is it was used as a type of clairvoyant warning to the character of death, fire and his "daughter" all in all, it could have probably been removed and most viewers wouldnt have cared.