kid gets hit by dad

mead107

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming assshole be a father."

762427[/snapback]

Loved that flick.

Definitely a classic movie. Doesn't crack my top 5, but definitely in the top 15. It's even funnier now that I have a son. There is not much distance between myself and the way Steve Martin acts in that flick.

762434[/snapback]

Yep, it's up there on my list too. I saw it again recently for the first time in years, and it reminded me how much I love it. What a great cast! It's really too bad that Jason Robards (sp?) has since passed :angry: I wonder what Tom Hulce is doing these days....he was awesome in that flick, but even better in 'Amadeus'.

The kid that got decked by the adult actually laid a pretty good cheap shot out first. With about 40 seconds left in the game, he drilled the son of the adult with a late hit, causing the adult to run on the field and hammer the kid.

These players are old enough to know what's going on. They were in a 12-13 year old league. Why did the son's father have to run on the field to deck the cheap shot artist? What were the son's teammates doing? Man, especially with 40 seconds left, I would've hammered that bastard for taking a cheapie on my teammate. Who cares if you get tossed.

I think the charges against the adult are quite serious. Something in the 'felony assault of a minor' category. He deserves it. Sounds like a clown.

The kid that got decked by the adult actually laid a pretty good cheap shot out first.  With about 40 seconds left in the game, he drilled the son of the adult with a late hit, causing the adult to run on the field and hammer the kid.

These players are old enough to know what's going on.  They were in a 12-13 year old league.  Why did the son's father have to run on the field to deck the cheap shot artist?  What were the son's teammates doing?  Man, especially with 40 seconds left, I would've hammered that bastard for taking a cheapie on my teammate.  Who cares if you get tossed.

I think the charges against the adult are quite serious.  Something in the 'felony assault of a minor' category.  He deserves it.  Sounds like a clown.

762478[/snapback]

While as a coach I dont condone cheap shots/revenge shots by the players...I would MUCH rather have that then see parents going after kids....

My son did exactly that last year playing his FB spot....someone took a cheap shot at the QB.....on the next play that player was his assignment and layed a big enough hit that he had to go off the field......

The ref should take some blame for not flagging the victim for his late hit on the !@#$'s son.

762564[/snapback]

i think in the story it says he was flaged . dad just did not think it was right .( or fast enought ) can you think what he must think of himself.