Kyle Williams

pmoon

B'gals:

RB Rudi Johnson - 4 th rnd 2001

WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh - 7th 2001

LB Landon Johnson - 3rd 2004

FB Jeremi Johnson - 4th 2003

C Rich Braham - 3rd 1994

I don't know if Braham counts - he was drafted by AZ but never played for them - he was traded to CIN before the start of the '94 season.

4th round DE Robert Geathers - 2004 - started much of last season, but looks like Bryan Robinson will start there this season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue collar, high motor, lunch pail, gets the job done, does what is asked, happy to be there. Should start.

762354[/snapback]

Also takes things one game at a time and is just trying to do whatever is necessary to help the team.

What a shame

Nothing seems to be going right

What a shame

Nothing seems to be going right

It seems easy to me that everything can be alright

What a shame

They always wanna start a fight

What a shame

They always wanna start a fight

Well it scares me so

I could sleep in the shelter all night

Well alright

What a shame

You all heard what I said

What a shame

Y'all heard what I said

You might wake up in the morning

And find your poor self dead

763017[/snapback]

I liked the lyrics.

It's got a nice beat I can dance to.

I gave it an 85 Mr. Clark :wacko:

Going by H_A's 3rd-7th round standard and the current NE depth chart, here's how the Belichick era looks:

2000: Tom Brady (6)

2001: no starters

2002: no starters

2003: Asante Samuel (4), Dan Koppen (5)

2004: no starters

2005: Ellis Hobbs (3), Nick Kaczur (3)

Couple of o-linemen, couple of DBs. Sounds pretty typical. But then there's that name at the top of the list...

763102[/snapback]

Five starters in six years. That's almost one starter a year, as opposed to one starter every 2 1/2 years under TD. Interesting.

So at least part of the problem is that TD didn't do well in rounds 3 - 7. But still. If you're handed a team with no offensive line--which was the case when TD took over--there's no excuse for a five year tenure with only one offensive lineman taken in the first two rounds. In contrast, TD spent two rounds 1&2 draft picks on running backs, another on a speed receiver, and two more on slot receivers. Slot receivers for crying out loud! What on earth is the good of a slot receiver when the quarterback is lying on his back, and the runningback gets tackled in the backfield?

Five starters in six years.  That's almost one starter a year, as opposed to one starter every 2 1/2 years under TD.  Interesting.

So at least part of the problem is that TD didn't do well in rounds 3 - 7.  But still.  If you're handed a team with no offensive line--which was the case when TD took over--there's no excuse for a five year tenure with only one offensive lineman taken in the first two rounds.  In contrast, TD spent two rounds 1&2 draft picks on running backs, another on a speed receiver, and two more on slot receivers.  Slot receivers for crying out loud!  What on earth is the good of a slot receiver when the quarterback is lying on his back, and the runningback gets tackled in the backfield?

Can't disagree there. For more information on how well spending multiple high draft picks on WRs works out, see: Detroit Lions.

Five starters in six years.  That's almost one starter a year, as opposed to one starter every 2 1/2 years under TD.  Interesting.

So at least part of the problem is that TD didn't do well in rounds 3 - 7.

763133[/snapback]

Sorry for becoming a broken record on this issue.

Modrak and company remain from the Donahoe era. The King is dead, long live the King.

I would feel much more comfortable about Pennington and/or Butler being one injury away from starting if the likes of Mcfarland, Sobieski and Geisinger had turned out to be keepers from similar draft positions.

So pray for health (and kill me with a hammer if i write the name Sobieski ever again).