What needs to be different this year for the Bills

Which of the following will have the greatest impact (or is the most urgent) in the Bills return to respectability?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following will have the greatest impact (or is the most urgent) in the Bills return to respectability?

• Improved O-line play, both run and pass blocking
    • A defense that can stop the run
    • An red zone offense which scores 7 points instead of 3
    • Willis playing on (and converting) 3rd downs
    • Improved accuracy and decision making from Losman
    • Finishing among the league-leaders in turnover differential
    • Finishing among the league-leaders in fewest penalties
    • Getting pressure on the QB with the front four
    • WRs- Evans consistent at #1, and solid production from others
    • Spikes returns to his dominant 2004 form

I'm not sure what is the most important. Probably stopping the run, just because you're not going to win anything if you can't.

After years of Jerry Gray throwing caution to the wind and blitzing at all costs, I would LOVE to see a Bills team that can consistently pressure a QB without having to blitz.

Red zone offense has been a major headache for the Bills. I would love to be near the top of the league in red zone TD percentage.

Red zone O does need to contribute, and run-stuffing would be nice, but, it starts and ends with the O-line. If they can't do it, then the rest of the offense falls apart. The nice thing is that it looks like plays are being called that suit the strengths and minimize the weaknesses of this line. (If improved offensive play-calling were up there, I might yet have chosen that.)

I think the defense will not look great, but will help itself out of jams with turnovers. Because of this and because of a talented but raw offense, we will win some games we shouldn't and lose some games we ought to win.

Edit: also, red zone doesn't need to be nearly as high on the list if JP is tossing the sick bombs for TDs.

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

Yep.  Simply improving in one area isn't going to get the Bills to respectability.

762158[/snapback]

I think we all know that. At some point, they are going to have to be proficient in every item on the list if they are going to win a Super Bowl. That's why those items are included on the list. However, they are also areas where the Bills have question marks, or where they were weak last year. The question asks which area you view as the most critical first step in their improvement? i.e. If they only establish proficiency at one of those areas this year, which do you see as the most important?

How about keeping Coy "f****N Wire off the field. It would be a start. Oh no, the horse ain't dead yet! We must continue to beat it! :( Coming in second and 3rd are 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball and of cousre the turnover battle.