Well, Simon...

Let's see what your favorite backup Charlie Batch can do.

761651[/snapback]

Favorite back-up? Don't you mean favorite player?

So the fact that 5 years ago I wanted the Bills to take a run at him in the short term instead of wasting a 1strounder on Bledsoe makes him my favorite?-) :doh:

If they were playing anybody but miami I'd be rooting for him to fall on his face and the Stillers to get beat by 40. But since it's miami now I'm worried what he's going to do on short notice for a team whose window just closed.

Light 'em up Charlie! And for gawd's sakes stay healthy so we can pick Omar Jacobs off teh Stillers practice squad when Roethlisberger comes back. :(

So the fact that 5 years ago I wanted the Bills to take a run at him in the short term instead of wasting a 1strounder on Bledsoe makes him my favorite?-)  :doh:

If they were playing anybody but miami I'd be rooting for him to fall on his face and the Stillers to get beat by 40. But since it's miami now I'm worried what he's going to do on short notice for a team whose window just closed.

Light 'em up Charlie! And for gawd's sakes stay healthy so we can pick Omar Jacobs off teh Stillers practice squad when Roethlisberger comes back.  :(

761904[/snapback]

After seeing Jacobs in the preseason, I sure don't want the Bills to take him. He is, @ best, a loooong term project that may become a decent player.

After seeing Jacobs in the preseason, I sure don't want the Bills to take him.  He is, @ best, a loooong term project that may become a decent player.

761916[/snapback]

One thing I liked about him is that you could see measurable improvement as the preseason wore on. By the time the Stillers got around to their last preseason game, I thought Jacobs actually looked very solid and that's an impressive learning curve for a youngster from a smaller conference. Considering how dynamic and in control of the offense he looked at BowlingGreen, I think the kid has some real potential to transfer that to the next level and we were starting to see flashes of it late in the preseason.

Cya