Jonathan Smith = Lawyer Milloy?

Dawgg

700 players were released this week.  If this were a big deal, the whole league would be screwed come week 1.

761284[/snapback]

Excellent point. Man, I miss having a great team. Back in the SB years this wouldn't even havee been a discussion. We could have mailed each opponent our game plan and still whipped their tales.

Two words, talent and execution.

I don't see this as an issue.

Well, seeing as Dawgg... well, dogged it, let me provide the proper analysis:

Jonathan Smith and Lawyer Milloy share a common letter - "a" in their first names, AND Two common letters - "m" and "i" in their last names.

Although some would place a special significance to the fact that the shared letters in their last names are both: together (i.e., next to each other - as in side-by-side) and in the same order (i.e., "mi"), I subscribe to the notion that it (the cojoining and ordering of the two letters) is pure happenstance.

A further examination reveals the "M" in Lawyer's dipthong is capitalized, whereas the same ligature in Smith's is not. This clearly reveals Milloy's superiority and therefore events surrounding his acquisition must be considered of greater consequence i.e., more important than the events surrounding Smith's demise as it were from The Bills roster. e.g., a bear is more important than a bear turd.

I respectfully submit this in the faint hope that it will unburden the concerns of many that the Pasties will get such an emotional lift - and The Bills suffer such an emotional let down that we will have lost the game before the opening coin toss.

761298[/snapback]

( A Mission Impossible), Hmmm.

I don't see this as an issue.

761328[/snapback]

I want to believe all of you. I do.

There is no real tape on the new Bills offense. The terminology for audibles has changed. Nodody has a clue whether this is a running team or the second coming of the Mad Bomber.

Belichick is a witch. AND HE IS AFRAID.

I want to believe all of you. I do.

There is no real tape on the new Bills offense. The terminology for audibles has changed. Nodody has a clue whether this is a running team or the second coming of the Mad Bomber.

Belichick is a witch. AND HE IS AFRAID.

761456[/snapback]

Good post. You might be on to something!

I think this was a good move on Belichik's behalf.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Fast Freddy got Fingered" get cut after the first couple of games by the Pats because his usefulness will be gone after the BB game.

It could be possible:

That maybe he was signed because Belichik knows that he's at a slight disadvantage going into the opening game. (banged up defense, no real threats at WR and an aging back in Dillon) Fast Freddy can give SOME insight (not tons) into the Bills O-scheme. Not necessarily secret plays but he probably could indicate to Coach B what the Bills 'O' has been using and what has been more prominent and successful in practice. Maybe indicate what the Bills "had in store" for the Pats as far as some simple plays that they may use. I'm certainly not saying that FF has all the schemes but if he can give Coach B. a 10% greater understanding of Buffalo's O then I would say it's worth it. It's not like FF is going to cost the Pats millions.

Coach Belichik is very smart and this does give him some advantage in the play predicting scheme of things.

On the contrary:

I do know that FF is supposed to be a punt return threat but using the NFL standard of "what have you done for me lately?" he hasn't done crap. He had a virtually dead year last year (not necessarily because of talent but because of the coaching situation) and I could not possibly think that Belichik would sign him based on one return roughly two years ago.