Another glaring example...

OCinBuffalo

From another post about SI's Miami Preview I wrote:

Remember these words for later:

"And offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, who did exotic things in Pittsburgh with his combination wideout-quarterback, Antwaan Randle El, has found another one in Marcus Vick, the free-agent quarterback who was bounced out of Virginia Tech for on- and off-the-field misbehavior. Vick has had a remarkable camp as a receiver. He looks as if he'd played the position all his life. Just another plus for a team that could have a ton of them." -- Paul Zimmerman, SI

Too bad Miami just cut Marcus Vick. :D:wub::D

From another post about SI's Miami Preview I wrote:

Remember these words for later:

"And offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, who did exotic things in Pittsburgh with his combination wideout-quarterback, Antwaan Randle El, has found another one in Marcus Vick, the free-agent quarterback who was bounced out of Virginia Tech for on- and off-the-field misbehavior. Vick has had a remarkable camp as a receiver. He looks as if he'd played the position all his life. Just another plus for a team that could have a ton of them." -- Paul Zimmerman, SI

Too bad Miami just cut Marcus Vick.  :D  :wub:  :D

760228[/snapback]

did they cut him? :D

sure did.

they'll prob throw him on the practice squad. he had 3 rec for like 42 yards and a TD last preseason game. he still a dick though.

760234[/snapback]

That's hilarious....living in Michael Vick land, you can imagine how much we heard about this kid. Over the past couple of years I've seen interviews and read quotes that seemed to indicate a HUGE sense of entitlement on his (Marcus') part. He seemed to really come off like he was goign to be a top pick in the draft or soemthing, lol. He's had a helluva series of wake up calls since leaving school, though :wub:

That's hilarious....living in Michael Vick land, you can imagine how much we heard about this kid. Over the past couple of years I've seen interviews and read quotes that seemed to indicate a HUGE sense of entitlement on his (Marcus') part. He seemed to really come off like he was goign to be a top pick in the draft or soemthing, lol. He's had a helluva series of wake up calls since leaving school, though  :wub:

760242[/snapback]

From watching vick play his ACC games, he had a buch of really raw talent. From what i saw, he would have been a better passer than mike had he actually decided to do something productive with his life. But hes just another example of million dollar skill, 10 cent head.

From watching vick play his ACC games, he had a buch of really raw talent. From what i saw, he would have been a better passer than mike had he actually decided to do something productive with his life. But hes just another example of  million dollar skill, 10 cent head.

760362[/snapback]

Exactly....somewhere along the line he forgot that he actually has to do the work HIMSELF.....not just ride his brother's coattails. I remember people saying that he had more raw talent than Michael. Total waste of talent...

see? and Paul Z. along with P. King and a bunch of others like to sound as if they know what the hell is going on when Marv and Co. "reach" for picks in the draft.

Just goes to show you....what the f*** do they know? certainly not any more than any of us who post here.

"He looks as if he'd played the position all his life"

ah-hahahahahahaha!!!! I love it! I am so glad you saved this!

Exactly....somewhere along the line he forgot that he actually has to do the work HIMSELF.....not just ride his brother's coattails. I remember people saying that he had more raw talent than Michael.  Total waste of talent...

760392[/snapback]

Coach Jauron quote a few weeks back was along the lines of prefering desire to talent. It would seem apt here. My old Olympic Weightlifting coach often added "Talent is an affliction".

see? and Paul Z. along with P. King and a bunch of others like to sound as if they know what the hell is going on when Marv and Co. "reach" for picks in the draft.

Just goes to show you....what the f*** do they know? certainly not any more than any of us who post here.

"He looks as if he'd played the position all his life"

ah-hahahahahahaha!!!! I love it! I am so glad you saved this!

760395[/snapback]

You act as though these guys have to be right all the time and if they're not then they don't know anything. Paul Z. knows a hell of a lot more about football than anybody posting on this board. The guy watches more games and studies more tape than anybody not employed by the NFL (with perhaps the exception of Jaws).

You act as though these guys have to be right all the time and if they're not then they don't know anything.  Paul Z. knows a hell of a lot more about football than anybody posting on this board.  The guy watches more games and studies more tape than anybody not employed by the NFL (with perhaps the exception of Jaws).

760525[/snapback]

I didn't say they don't know anything, so keep your words out of my mouth. Maybe you should read my post again.

I was referring to the draft and evaluating/predicting unproven talent with regards to the next level, the NFL. The comment was about Marcus Vick and my comment was about the draft.

When it comes to that, I would definitely say the above-average NFL fan knows just as much.

Coach Jauron quote a few weeks back was along the lines of prefering desire to talent. It would seem apt here. My old Olympic Weightlifting coach often added "Talent is an affliction".

760410[/snapback]

I like what he said to you....I think it's totally pertinent. It seems people forget that heart, desire, and hard work can go a LONG way. It's really a shame, cause I have an inkling that maybe part of Marcus' problem was that he didn't have enough people around him who gave him the proper direction. I don't know what his family situation was, but I don't really picture Michael Vick as the sort of person who would foster those attributes in his brother. I'm totally speculating here, I just hate to see guys like him, Clarrett, etc, go to waste because their heads aren't right.

You act as though these guys have to be right all the time and if they're not then they don't know anything.  Paul Z. knows a hell of a lot more about football than anybody posting on this board.  The guy watches more games and studies more tape than anybody not employed by the NFL (with perhaps the exception of Jaws).

760525[/snapback]

Well, you would figure for a guy who watches so much film and knows so much more about football then the average fan to be right alot more. He is going on about this great talent and how the great ofensive co-ordinator MM has this new weapon in Miami with Vick because of his great preseason games and TC, and yet the guy doesn't even make the team. Sure sounds to me like this guy watches a ton of video and evaluates alot of talent :wub:

Still not as bad as the PR machine they got going for the patriots. you can almost hear the slurping on Monday morning when Peter King is knob slobbin on The Belichek, The Brady, and The Holy Bruschi

The difference, of course, being that the Patriots have recently done things that warrant positive media attention, while the Dolphins haven't.