The play that cost us the game

Justice

The ruling on the field was a catch and a fumble. The Pats were out of challenges. If Fletcher would've just held onto the fuggin' ball we would've been driving for the game winning points at the end of the game. Instead of the disasterous fumble, the Bills would've kicked the field goal and taken a 3pt lead. Or maybe not. With our luck, Lindell would've missed the kick and the Pats would've driven down the field and beat us with a kick of their own.

Actually, that play never officially happened.  It was called back on the incomplete pass.  It was never a fumble.  But I know what you're thinking and I would agree.

55020[/snapback]

The play was called back after Buffalo challenged it. The call on the field was a fumble. NE couldn't challenge it.

If Fletcher runs out of bounds instead of fumbling through the endzone, it's the Bills' ball inside the ten.

The play was called back after Buffalo challenged it.  The call on the field was a fumble.  NE couldn't challenge it.

If Fletcher runs out of bounds instead of fumbling through the endzone, it's the Bills' ball inside the ten.

55024[/snapback]

Why exactly couldn't NE challange it? The Bills challenged based on an incompletion, why couldn't have NE done the same?

Why exactly couldn't NE challange it?  The Bills challenged based on an incompletion, why couldn't have NE done the same?

55032[/snapback]

They had already used both of their challenges if I remember correctly.

They had already used both of their challenges if I remember correctly.

55036[/snapback]

They challenged McGee's interception (overturn) and Mould's TD (play stood). They had none left.

Fletcher hangs onto the ball, Buffalo is inside NE's 10.

They challenged McGee's interception (overturn) and Mould's TD (play stood).  They had none left.

Fletcher hangs onto the ball, Buffalo is inside NE's 10.

55037[/snapback]

You can't blame Fletcher for that play; he was blindsided/creamed by a second tackler.

You can't blame Fletcher for that play; he was blindsided/creamed by a second tackler.

55047[/snapback]

Nobody's blaming anybody. I just stated that that was the turning point in the game.

55047[/snapback]

If a player fumbles the ball and is still conscious afterwards he is most certainly to blame for fumbling the ball, I don't care how hard he was hit. This is just another excuse Bills fans make for the players when they screw up. Not to mention, he could have just stepped out of bounds instead of taking on tacklers at the 5.

55047[/snapback]

Actually, he appeared a bit out of control and looked like he was preparing to dive for the endzone.

He should have been more concerned with protecting the ball at that point.

Regardless, it's just another example of how the Bills of late have been incapable of making big plays at crucial points of the game.

For all the bitching people have been doing about the Bills getting screwed by the refs, here was a perfect chance to turn the tables, and Fletcher blew it.

Actually the tape u have of the play shows him quite clearly firming up his grip on the ball before he gets hit by the first tackler and then a second tackler comes in who hits the ballsquarely (as anyone can see it flew forward a couple of dozen yards after the hit) and he also hit one of his teammates and knocked him out>

the woulda< coulda seems legit in that if things were different they wouldn:t be the same< but the shoulda seems pretty farfateched if someone wants to claim that a good player would have prepared even further against the bizarre chain of events which led to the fumble

Actually, he appeared a bit out of control and looked like he was preparing to dive for the endzone.

He should have been more concerned with protecting the ball at that point. 

Regardless, it's just another example of how the Bills of late have been incapable of making big plays at crucial points of the game.

For all the bitching people have been doing about the Bills getting screwed by the refs, here was a perfect chance to turn the tables, and Fletcher blew it.

55058[/snapback]

Continually forcing the defense/special teams to make plays for the offense is what is costing us games. The offense is not good enough. Whether it's Drew or the O-line or Travis or a lack of a consistant target outside of Moulds in the passing game etc, it's hard to pinpoint on one sole reason. As I could argue the play of the game was later in the 3rd quarter when we driving on offense. The play(s) in my mind either the 2nd and 6 that Bledsoe missed Neufeld on or when he was sacked on 3rd and 6 at our 43. Granted I was at work and didn't get to see the game but that drive seemed to be going well as followed it off/on from NFL.com. As had the Bills been able to make a few more plays on this drive we might have taken the lead and perhaps the D could of stood tall or changed how NE played their final offensive drive that they took the lead with. Of course the Bills three and out after that drive was also turning point as we started it on our 42.

55047[/snapback]

I disagree!

Watch the replay again and you'll notice London take a look back at the receiver closing in on him (from behind). What he should've done but didn't do was put both hands on the ball in case the guy wanted to strip it. He didnt! Then the other tackler hit him hard causing him to lose the ball.

Another stupid mistake that cost this team the victory!

LMAO, but this was DB's fault too due to his immobility in the pocket.