Pats Acquire WR Doug Gabriel

Phlegm Alley

Raiders | Team trades Gabriel to New England

Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:47:10 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders have traded WR Doug Gabriel to the New England Patriots. The compensation for Gabriel has not been announced yet. Gabriel's departure would seem to leave the door open for WR Jerry Porter, who has requested a trade, to move back into the starting lineup.

Looks like they are preparing to go to war without Branch and, as much as I hate to admit it, it is a pretty good pickup for the Pats :w00t:

Thank you. I saw your post and now if I'm lucky I'll be able to double dip in my Fantasy league. It seems when fast reciever goes to a team without the benefit of training camp and does not know the offense they send them on simple go routes and the like. I just don't want to see Brady and gabriel develop chemistry until week two. Gabriel was fun to watch at UCF. He wasn't so fun to watch when he had our number that one game.

Not to mention that he's really not all that good and is worth about a 5th or 6th pick. :w00t:

760084[/snapback]

I got him off of waivers by dropping my 15th pick in a 14 team team league. So if I get lucky and get two or three touchdowns from him in relief duty it is a steal. :doh:

I got him off of waivers by dropping my 15th pick in a 14 team team league. So if I get lucky and get two or three touchdowns from him in relief duty it is a steal. :w00t:

760086[/snapback]

I picked him up in one of my leagues, too. They have to throw to someone there and Brady is great at getting the ball right on the money quickly. It doesn't mean that he's very good but I guess it's all relative. I would probably rather have Peerless than Doug Gabriel. But he's good enough to play in the NFL and probably start, so he obviously doesn't completely suck.