Gas Prices

erynthered

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe no free transfers true... But... What has the CTA (Chicago) raised the fares during this whole fuel mess??  Can't be over a buck each fare??

Diesel tech does get better mpg...

The world runs on diesel... Heck most people on the east coast heat their homes with oil...

782682[/snapback]

Here in Austin they haven't raised rates at all.

Still a buck for a day pass, includes all fares for 24 hours.

Here in Austin they haven't raised rates at all.

Still a buck for a day pass, includes all fares for 24 hours.

782776[/snapback]

True... Not sure what they raised it, just said a buck or so... Not sure if it is that much, maybe a quarter???

But, hey a buck sounds good... No free transfers anymore though...

0:)

This "gas" crisis is sure breaking the back of the mass transit poor... :P:lol:

http://www.virginiagasprices.com/index.asp...ons&tme_limit=4

I am in the center of this, and basically go to these places weekly.  So I just get it where it is cheapest.  $1.929

786565[/snapback]

After thinking about this a little. The state of Florida puts on quite a few taxes on different things, that allows us residents not to have a state income tax. The tourist pick up that tab for the most part. Hotels, gas, rental cars, strippers, beer, smokes, that kind of stuff. :P

After thinking about this a little. The state of Florida puts on quite a few taxes on different things, that allows us residents not to have a state income tax. The tourist pick up that tab for the most part. Hotels, gas, rental cars, strippers, beer, smokes, that kind of stuff. :P

787522[/snapback]

Yup, and our last couple of governers like to push throw every little tax law they can. On top of that local/county taxes can bite you. Like we have car taxes, home taxes, boat taxes, etc... In addition, depending on the county they can charge upwards of 46,000 just for the right to hook up to county water and sewer. They wanted to up sales, and income taxes to help pay for better roads in Richmond again this year. Woohoo, they have a 30 mile 10 lane beltway that you rarely see another car on except on Sunday evenings in the summer with all the traffoc from the beach.

Woohoo, they have a 30 mile 10 lane beltway that you rarely see another car on except on Sunday evenings in the summer with all the traffoc from the beach.

787584[/snapback]

Since moving to Virginia I have asked this question to many Virginians, so guess I'll pose it to you also

Is there any legitimate reason why the on ramps and off ramps are freakin reversed in this state? :P

Normal states have the off ramp first and then the on ramp down the road. But in Virginia (at least what i've seen around Hampton Roads), the on ramp and off ramp are reversed resulting in on traffic and off traffic having to compete over the same short stretch of highway

Since moving to Virginia I have asked this question to many Virginians, so guess I'll pose it to you also

Is there any legitimate reason why the on ramps and off ramps are freakin reversed in this state?  :D

Normal states have the off ramp first and then the on ramp down the road.  But in Virginia (at least what i've seen around Hampton Roads), the on ramp and off ramp are reversed resulting in on traffic and off traffic having to compete over the same short stretch of highway

787630[/snapback]

They do that (off then on) in PA too. It pisses me off.

Is there any legitimate reason why the on ramps and off ramps are freakin reversed in this state?  :D

Normal states have the off ramp first and then the on ramp down the road.  But in Virginia (at least what i've seen around Hampton Roads), the on ramp and off ramp are reversed resulting in on traffic and off traffic having to compete over the same short stretch of highway

787630[/snapback]

Less land used. Cheaper, easier to build. Don't have to worry about turn signals and traffic accident backups right off the off ramp, so less chance to backup the highway if something happens.

Can one of these "Bush is doing this for votes" moonbats explain how the "incompetent, idiot" in the White House is affecting OVERSEAS oil markets?

788805[/snapback]

He put on his flightsuit and met with the board of Haliburton deep inside Dick Cheney's secret hidden bunker. Inside the bunker GW picked his nose

Haliburton then took the booger and refined it into a couple million barrels of oil, flooding the market and thereby lowering prices

Big Oil obviously wants to maintain their monopoly and keep the price of oil high. So they have been lining the pockets of Republicans to hide the simple but shocking truth from the American people...

Boogers are an abundant form of efficient low pollutant energy

Can one of these "Bush is doing this for votes" moonbats explain how the "incompetent, idiot" in the White House is affecting OVERSEAS oil markets?

788805[/snapback]

Oil's bought and sold using US dollars world-wide. The current monetary policy is causing the dollar to strengthen. Ergo, a dollar buys more oil on the spot market.

And THAT, my dear cabbage-brained little dimwit, is how a sitting administration affects worldwide commodities prices.

If the evil Republicans are causing oil prices to go up and down, then how does this happen during a dem administration?

Wait. I've got it! Karl Rove has a time machine and went back in time to do it!

Thanks for the half-answer to my question. So if what youre saying is true, then how does monetary policy cause such a QUICK drop in prices?

I look forward ot your answer...you pencil-necked, pocket protector wearing, condascending anti-social sh---turd.

789185[/snapback]

Not sure where this sub-thread is going but let me weigh in a bit.

CTM commented purely on how commodity prices can be affected by monetary policy. As far as gasoline is concerned:

- domestic production of gasoline since May is at an all time high. For the period of May-August, we are producing (just by eye-balling here) 9.1 million barrels per day of gasoline compared to about 8.8 MMBPD a year back.

- Winter gasoline formulations can be made with less cost and more quantity by refiners.

- Peak driving season is gone and demand is down compared to the summer season

- This year there was a new mandate to blend ethanol into gasoline and the gasoline marketers had trouble with the logistics causing depressed supply early in the year. I think these issues have been resolved

All these factors make gasoline prices go down. In the real shortrun, the administration can directly affect only the commodity prices (oil in this case) through monetary and defense policies. Other factors are related to supply-demand which is to large for the adminstration to influence (again, in the short run).

As a side note, nation wide average price is about $2.40. I still believe we will never again fall below ~$2.25.

Thanks for the half-answer to my question. So if what youre saying is true, then how does monetary policy cause such a QUICK drop in prices?

Actually, that was a complete answer. You asked how the "incompetent, idiot in the White House is affecting OVERSEAS oil markets?" I answered. Completely. That you couldn't perceive that is simply because you don't even understand your own posts, much less anyone else's.

I look forward ot your answer...you pencil-necked, pocket protector wearing, condascending anti-social sh---turd.

789185[/snapback]

"Condescending". And it's "pedantic supercilious anal orifice" to you, you rat-brained little pustule.