Need some help

crackur

I know this is in the wrong forum but not many people venture into the consumer/electronic forum

Ok the problem I have is, one of my friends called me and she has a problem with a floppy disk. Her boss asked her to make name tags from the files he had on a disk. Ok, so she took the disk home and it wouldn't work because she has a mac, however, she use the lil write protect switch and got it to open and to work. NOW, she is back and work, after pushing the write protect back it won't let her open the disk back up on her work computer. It says something like its a mac disk or something.

Sorry if I jumped around, but she needs some help and I don't know much because I don't have the disk with me.

Anyone know what to do? to get the disk to be read again in the correct format?

I know this ......haha I always email my work to 3 different email address or atleast 2. Then check it myself.......burn to cd and so on.

But these aren't the smartest people in the world haha

758764[/snapback]

I think /dev/null is trying to say have her e-mail it to herself from home and open the e-mail at work and just save it to a new floppy disk.

I think /dev/null is trying to say have her e-mail it to herself from home and open the e-mail at work and just save it to a new floppy disk.

759140[/snapback]

or better yet instead of saving it to a floppy, save it to a network share with a regular backup :doh:

people who save stuff to floppies drive me nuts when the disk fails or they accidently delete something then beg and plead me to get it back