And more great sports reporting

Tod Flanders

Here's another great article on the Bills and this guy really did his homework. I was shocked just as much as he was to learn that we are starting the same 5 offensive linemen as last year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?ca...ype=InsideSlant

So when Bennie Anderson commits a false start when we play the Dolphins, which team loses the 5 yards?

... the same 5 offensive linemen as last year.

So when Bennie Anderson commits a false start when we play the Dolphins, which team loses the 5 yards?

758693[/snapback]

:doh:

When I first read this I thought it was an article from last year - WTF? Can anybody get a job as a sports writer now? It would be one thing if he started with accurate info and said that we stink, but this is rampant bashing. I can't wait till week 2 and Trips blasts by Flabennie. I bet that will totally confuse this guy.

When I first read this I thought it was an article from last year - WTF? Can anybody get a job as a sports writer now? It would be one thing if he started with accurate info and said that we stink, but this is rampant bashing. I can't wait till week 2 and Trips blasts by Flabennie. I bet that will totally confuse this guy.

758712[/snapback]

I think what he was saying was that the same 5 guys have been starting on the OL for the entire time at camp - not the same guys as last year. Remember how many different combinations of offensive line starters we had last year? It was like they spun the "Lucky Wheel O Blocking" each week and came up with a different group.

I think what he was saying was that the same 5 guys have been starting on the OL for the entire time at camp - not the same guys as last year. Remember how many different combinations of offensive line starters we had last year? It was like they spun the "Lucky Wheel O Blocking" each week and came up with a different group.

758730[/snapback]

I agree with your interpretation...the guy just worded it poorly. The rest of the article made sense.

I think they edited the thing. I read it and it doesn't say we are returning the same O-line.....did I miss it?

758747[/snapback]

Jauron's first training camp saw the Bills settle on J.P. Losman as their starting quarterback (no surprise), the same five players start on the offensive line (a big surprise), wide receiver Lee Evans show he's ready to become the team's heavy duty No. 1 receiver and running back Willis McGahee show he's focused on a big season.

Jauron's first training camp saw the Bills settle on J.P. Losman as their starting quarterback (no surprise), the same five players start on the offensive line (a big surprise), wide receiver Lee Evans show he's ready to become the team's heavy duty No. 1 receiver and running back Willis McGahee show he's focused on a big season.

758748[/snapback]

oops, skimmed right by it. Thanks!

yes, they suck.

Anyone watch the pre-season games on NFL Network yesterday? Who was that nimrod with Rich Eisen? He kept going on how Losman wasn't popular with the vets and that the team wants Holcomb to play. Cripes, that's last year's news! Do these guys ever do any homework?

PTR

Anyone watch the pre-season games on NFL Network yesterday?  Wh was that nimrod with Rich Eisen?  He kept going on how Losman wasn't popular with the vets and that the team wants Holcomb to play.  Cripes, that's last year's news!  Do these guys ever do any homework?

PTR

758771[/snapback]

was that Butch Davis? a real draft guru that guy is....

Anyone watch the pre-season games on NFL Network yesterday?  Wh was that nimrod with Rich Eisen?  He kept going on how Losman wasn't popular with the vets and that the team wants Holcomb to play.  Cripes, that's last year's news!  Do these guys ever do any homework?

PTR

758771[/snapback]

Just wanted to tell you I enjoy your posts ... and... I like the look of the old promo better.

Anyone watch the pre-season games on NFL Network yesterday?  Who was that nimrod with Rich Eisen?  He kept going on how Losman wasn't popular with the vets and that the team wants Holcomb to play.  Cripes, that's last year's news!  Do these guys ever do any homework?

PTR

758771[/snapback]

No, of course they do not. Now, why they do not, when they get paid to watch football, is the greatest mystery of all.

On the other hand, I have to say I love the use of the word "nimrod." It does not get nearly enough play these days, yet it is so expressive.

was that Butch Davis? a real draft guru that guy is....

758779[/snapback]

and the guy who created the controversy in Cleveland by yanking Couch and putting Holcomb in it....He is probably trying to justify his move by continuing to preach that Holcomb is the better QB.

Anyone watch the pre-season games on NFL Network yesterday?  Who was that nimrod with Rich Eisen?  He kept going on how Losman wasn't popular with the vets and that the team wants Holcomb to play.  Cripes, that's last year's news!  Do these guys ever do any homework?

758771[/snapback]

Butch Davis. He's a tool. Losman and Holcomb both suck, but Schaub could start on half the teams in the NFL. Yuh huh. :doh:

and the guy who created the controversy in Cleveland by yanking Couch and putting Holcomb in it....He is probably trying to justify his move by continuing to preach that Holcomb is the better QB.

758826[/snapback]

Right on target - this is know as "revisionist history". I almost spilled my food when he said: "That's how KH needs to play while fighting for the starting job". The only fight that's going on is in Butch's head.

758748[/snapback]

What he is saying is that these are things that happened at or came out of Jaurens first training camp with the Bills. He is not saying that these are the same offensive lineman from last year. Given the turnover that the Bills have had in the recent past on the offensive line it is a big suprise that they started the same lineman for training camp and the preseason. Don't let your antangonism for the media interfere with your ability to read and comprehend the English language and understand it in the context of the paragraph.

What he is saying is that these are things that happened at or came out of Jaurens first training camp with the Bills.  He is not saying that these are the same offensive lineman from last year.  Given the turnover that the Bills have had in the recent past on the offensive line it is a big suprise that they started the same lineman for training camp and the preseason.  Don't let your antangonism for the media interfere with your ability to read and comprehend the English language and understand it in the context of the paragraph.

758911[/snapback]

I do understand the English language, very well why are you an apologist for this sportswriter? Your explaination seems to be a stretch in my opinion. What he wrote is fairly clear. If he meant to say the same 5 for the entire preseason he should have written that. If I'm wrong on what his intent was it's his poor usage of the English language not my poor understanding of it.