Couldn't Watch Game

The Big Cat

The drive looks pretty good on paper. 

A few lapses by the OL on a couple outside runs? 

Losman perfect? 

McGahee running well and/or getting good holes??

Compelled by the crappy Lions defense? 

Won't see the highlights till tomorrow but interested to here some opinions..

758278[/snapback]

Losmans first pass should have been returned for six, but the LB couldn't hold on and Price caught it. After that they were smooth, WM had some nice holes, and was able to change direction when the holes filled.

Robert Royal had a nice catch on a screen made a guy miss and went for 20 yds.

The first drive chewed up alot of clock and resulted in a touch down. JP had laser sights on his receivers and Willis made some good plays with his feet and he ended up in the end zone. The line looked good and the D played very well.

The rest of the game consisted of people fighting for roster spots. KH had yet another miserable outing. He looked confused on a couple of plays but also made a couple of nice ones. Nall played pretty well very Brett Favre'ish on a couple of plays and on one threw an int.

Special teams seemed to be spot on although they were allowing some yardage on kick returns but not much. Punt returns were pretty much stopped where they were caught.

All in all it was a nice outing for the Bills and a well deserved win.

Losmans first pass should have been returned for six, but the LB couldn't hold on and Price caught it.

758406[/snapback]

The LB reached out and got one hand on it. It was thrown pretty hard and didnt even change direction. No chance of it being caught and returned for six. It could have been knocked down but no way the guy catches the ball. It wasnt even that hard of a catch by Peerless as it hit him right in the numbers in the same direction he was expecting it, just a little slower.

That's a little pet peeve of mine anyway. When announcers or fans say what a catch it was when if comes right into your hands on a deflection. Or what great concentration. What are you supposed to do? Look away as soon as it is touched? That was a pretty easy catch.

The first drive chewed up alot of clock and resulted in a touch down. JP had laser sights on his receivers and Willis made some good plays with his feet and he ended up in the end zone. The line looked good and the D played very well.

The rest of the game consisted of people fighting for roster spots. KH had yet another miserable outing. He looked confused on a couple of plays but also made a couple of nice ones. Nall played pretty well very Brett Favre'ish on a couple of plays and on one threw an int.

Special teams seemed to be spot on although they were allowing some yardage on kick returns but not much. Punt returns were pretty much stopped where they were caught.

758419[/snapback]

""

"Holcomb had a miserable outing"?? :lol: yeah 4-4 82 yds..with a nice 32 yder to Reed! Did you even watch the game??? :lol:

""

"Holcomb had a miserable outing"?? :lol:  yeah 4-4  82 yds..with a nice 32 yder to Reed! Did you even watch the game??? :lol:

758477[/snapback]

Those passes were edited, like the Neil Rackers video. They really didnt really go into the receivers hands on the run. He was actually like 4-54. It's amazing what technology can do to live TV these days. Firedawg was probaby watching in High Density.

The LB reached out and got one hand on it. It was thrown pretty hard and didnt even change direction. No chance of it being caught and returned for six. It could have been knocked down but no way the guy catches the ball. It wasnt even that hard of a catch by Peerless as it hit him right in the numbers in the same direction he was expecting it, just a little slower.

That's a little pet peeve of mine anyway. When announcers or fans say what a catch it was when if comes right into your hands on a deflection. Or what great concentration. What are you supposed to do? Look away as soon as it is touched? That was a pretty easy catch.

758471[/snapback]

I missed the sarcasm button.

758419[/snapback]

:lol:

758471[/snapback]

No way, that's really tough to do, especially at NFL speed. The ball is on you really quickly and making it move in an unexpected direction even a little can make it hit the side of your hands or your shoulder pad. When the ball starts to flutter it's even worse, it's very tough to re-adjust yourself that quickly and make a clean catch.

Think of a bad hop in baseball, you're fielding a grounder, you're set to pick it up, in good position. The ball hits a rock and jumps to the side w/o losing speed. You have to stop your current motion, move in the new direction, plus have your brain process where the new position of your glove should be AND have your brain communicate it to your arms that then have to move your hand there in about half a second or less. It's hard to do and impossible to do consistently.

I really dislike Price but I'll give him props for that, it was a tough grab and he got it cleanly,w/o bouncing off his hands, chest, shoulder pads, or facemask.

No way, that's really tough to do, especially at NFL speed.  The ball is on you really quickly and making it move in an unexpected direction even a little can make it hit the side of your hands or your shoulder pad.  When the ball starts to flutter it's even worse, it's very tough to re-adjust yourself that quickly and make a clean catch.

Think of a bad hop in baseball, you're fielding a grounder, you're set to pick it up, in good position.  The ball hits a rock and jumps to the side w/o losing speed.  You have to stop your current motion, move in the new direction, plus have your brain process where the new position of your glove should be AND have your brain communicate it to your arms that then have to move your hand there in about half a second or less.  It's hard to do and impossible to do consistently.

I really dislike Price but I'll give him props for that, it was a tough grab and he got it cleanly,w/o bouncing off his hands, chest, shoulder pads, or facemask.

758616[/snapback]

For the most part, you're right. I should have made it a little more clear. On those kind of deflections you're talking about, it's a very difficult catch. And IMO receivers get too much criticism on them. My pet peeve ones are when the ball is deflected and then just flutters and drops softly. Or the receiver is on his back and the ball plops down to him and he just reach up and catches it. Those are rather simple.

On the Price play last night, I still hold that it was an easy catch because he really didn't have to react much. He was looking the ball into his hands and it came right there. Like I said, I don't think it changed direction much if at all. So he really didn't have to react like on the deflections you used in your example above. I don't think he moved his hands much at all, it just came into them a split second later, so it wasn't all that difficult. If the ball would have looked like it was going into his belly and then suddenly was at his knees or head, it would have been a very difficult catch.