Washington Redskins

bartshan-83

They have been hyped out the ass all off-season....and this is what they've shown so far:

-0-3

-Outscored 101-20

-Outscored 63-10 in the first half (12-3, 17-7, 20-0, 14-0)

Before a FG they just made minutes ago, they had allowed 55 unanswered points, with their last score coming via a TODD COLLINS touchdown pass vs. the Jets on August 19th.

Just remember that when you complain out our preseason...

They have been hyped out the ass all off-season....and this is what they've shown so far:

-0-3

-Outscored 101-20

Before a FG they just made minutes ago, they had allowed 55 unanswered points, with their last score coming via a TODD COLLINS touchdown pass vs. the Jets on August 19th.

757998[/snapback]

Repeat that for the first 4 regular season games and the whole freakin' staff will be fired.

-0-3

-Outscored 101-20

757998[/snapback]

As much as I don't care about preseason I will say that Washington has looked like crap. While W's and L's aren't necessarily important it's always good to see points being scored or prevented. Washington hasn't done either. I'd be real worried about their player development under such circumstances.

As much as I don't care about preseason I will say that Washington has looked like crap.  While W's and L's aren't necessarily important it's always good to see points being scored or prevented.  Washington hasn't done either.  I'd be real worried about their player development under such circumstances.

758351[/snapback]

It is also indicative of the fact that they paid so much money for their starters, their depth is lacking....pre-season losses implies your backups are not up to

their tasks..

As much as I don't care about preseason I will say that Washington has looked like crap.  While W's and L's aren't necessarily important it's always good to see points being scored or prevented.  Washington hasn't done either.  I'd be real worried about their player development under such circumstances.

758351[/snapback]

If I were a Redskins fan, I'd be worried about it, too...........after next week.

757998[/snapback]

O Rly - seems like they're the consensus 3rd place pick in the division. Anyway, they were bad in the preseason last year and turned out to be the best team in the division while the Bills have sucked for five years. That counts for something whether we want to admit it or not.

If I were a Redskins fan, I'd be worried about it, too...........after next week.

758428[/snapback]

exactly....

PRESEASON=0

they are still tied with Dallas, NYG, and Philly

I've also seen kudos in other posts going to our assistant coaches for last night's PRESEASON game. WTF? I don't feel comfortable criticizing or praising before week 1.

The Redskins are going to be terrible this year. My bro-in-law is a big NYG fan and is concerned about the 'Skins. I think they are going to suck. Eagles win the division, Giants get a WC. Cowboys will follow Bledsoe's lead and remain inconsistent- look great in a win, look terrible in a loss- we know the drill...I see the Skins in last place at 6-10.

758428[/snapback]

In the opening ps game for both, the WAS starting defense held CIN to minus 9 yards offense and no score on three possesions, two of which started around the WAS 30 after interceptions.

That $2M coordinator and 700K DB coach are money well spent. We'll have to see how they do this year not just preseason, but it is amazing. I actually got to like GW more the longer he was here, he became more humble. I hated the way he came in promising championship football, getting rid of "fat players" like Big Ted and then having an awful team for 2 years (with one average team thrown in). It's amazing how he coaches one defensive strategy blitzing constantly. Maybe he'll have to tailor the D to the talent or lack thereof of the skins. I wonder if all the people clamoring for us to spend so much more money on a D coach have changed there mind a bit. You need a good coach, not a superior paid one. After a certain amount there is a diminishing return and even negative return if you give all the money to one guy (coach/player/whover).

I can't stand Dumb Snyder and his overpaid, underperforming Deadskins. Every year they're overhyped and fellated beyond belief by the national media and then proceed to fall flat on their collective arses, same as the dulfelons.

I'm rooting for the Redskins offense this year, thanks to Papa John's. I got a 14-topping large pizza last year for $8.39 thanks to them!

758823[/snapback]

:doh:

I lived in Pgh when the Pirates stunk between their Series appearances. Season after season - free hats, cheap vinyl coolers, free small Pizza Hut pizzas. I still have one of the vinyl coolers and two retro caps.

:doh:

I lived in Pgh when the Pirates stunk between their Series appearances.  Season after season - free hats, cheap vinyl coolers, free small Pizza Hut pizzas. I still have one of the vinyl coolers and two retro caps.

758841[/snapback]

here in AZ, free chulupas for all in attendance when the D-backs score 8 runs ro more....

I have gone to 3 D-back games and all 3 times walked away with the chulupa!!!

Among their other problems, the Skins have a big problem with their kicking game. John Hall and the coaches are apparently so concerned about blowing out his leg again that he can't hit a 35-40 yarder. He also is no longer handling kick-offs, since he can't get any distance.

The punter had been terrible, until last night. They keep running in free agents to take a look. This guy is also handling kick-offs right now.