Another School Year Without Competition

erynthered

Instead of pouring more money into the failed government monopoly, let's free parents to control their own education money. Competition is a lot smarter than bureaucrats. What do you parents think?

Great article.

http://www.nysun.com/article/38927?page_no=1

757125[/snapback]

What about children with learning disabilities and other handicaps, is that extra to teach and there fore cost more for the individual parent?I don't know the % out of the 300 million U.S. residents, plus the 20 million illegal aliens that are parent's of special needs children..I will have to read the article again I'm not sure if he covered that angle, he could have...If it's in there, I am learning disabled! And I apologize :)

What about children with learning disabilities and other handicaps, is that extra to teach and there fore cost more for the individual parent?I don't know the % out of the 300 million U.S. residents, plus the 20 million illegal aliens that are parent's of special needs children..I will have to read the article again I'm not sure if he covered that angle, he could have...If it's in there, I am learning disabled! And I apologize :)

757161[/snapback]

Maybe this can help you. ( 40 minutes long )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA

Actuqally there already is competition. I can send my kid to Canisius or St. Joe's instead of Bennet or South Park. Assuming the kid is smart enough I can send him or her to Calisanctius. We could just shut down the school districts altogether, fire all the teachers etc. and let them form schools on their own and people can either get an education or not. Hell..it worked in the dark ages.

Actuqally there already is competition.  I can send my kid to Canisius or St. Joe's instead of Bennet or South Park.  Assuming the kid is smart enough I can send him or her to Calisanctius.  We could just shut down the school districts altogether, fire all the teachers etc. and let them form schools on their own and people can either get an education or not. Hell..it worked in the dark ages.

757328[/snapback]

A bit off-topic, but I was strolling about a Christian bookstore in one of the local malls a while back - Berean's is the name of the chain - and they sold complete curriculum kits for home schooling at various levels.

And we know what compulsory unification of opinion can lead to... :D:)