David Bowie

ajzepp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, thanks for that link.

I need to find this Van thread. Somehow I didn't pay attention to it and cant find it searching. How long ago was it?

756791[/snapback]

I believe it was a azjepp thread and dean mentioned van the man?

Bowie tunes, I will search for van tunes, I love his music!

Hope these links work :lol: They do now, even the under pressure, no money needed, lana :D

Bowie and queen, lana k6 :lol: Under pressure for free, I believe the cd is $50 tho :devil::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSlNFTjxss...20bowie%20lets%

Ziggy stardust.

All the young dudes.

Bowie and billy corgan at madison sq garden

I believe it was a azjepp thread and dean mentioned van the man?

Bowie tunes, I will search for van tunes, I love his music!

Hope these links work :lol:

Bowie and queen, lana k6 :P Under pressure for free, I believe the cd is $50 tho :devil:  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSlNFTjxss...20bowie%20lets%

Ziggy stardust.

All the young dudes.

Bowie and billy corgan at madison sq garden

756821[/snapback]

Ha ha, cromagnum. :P

Cher's hair! :D:lol:

BTW there is always great music going on. The 80s also included REM, U2, Metallica, Slayer, Janes Addiction, DRI, Talking Heads,The Clash, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suicidal Tendencies, Crumbsuckers, Fear, Mudhoney, Guided By Voices, The Police, Herbie Hancock, NWA, Public Enemy, Prince, Paul Simon, Pavement, Replacements, Guns and Roses, Joy Division, The Cure, Bad Brains, Buffalo Tom, Dinasaur Jr, Lemonheads, Husker Du etc,etc . Late 80s/early 90s brought Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Tool, Radiohead, Soundgarden....................Lots of great music today-Jack White is incredible for a start

BTW there is always great music going on.  The 80s also included REM, U2, Metallica, Slayer, Janes Addiction, DRI, Talking Heads,The Clash, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suicidal Tendencies, Crumbsuckers, Fear, Mudhoney, Guided By Voices, The Police, Herbie Hancock, NWA, Public Enemy, Prince, Paul Simon, Pavement, Replacements, Guns and Roses, Joy Division, The Cure, Bad Brains, Buffalo Tom, Dinasaur Jr, Lemonheads, Husker Du etc,etc .  Late 80s/early 90s brought Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Tool, Radiohead, Soundgarden....................Lots of great music today-Jack White is incredible for a start

756834[/snapback]

Im not with you here bro. I don't rate some of those as great. Some yes, but some no. And some I just don't know and I think I have a wide range in music taste.

Perhaps not that wide though! :devil:

Im not with you here bro. I don't rate some of those as great. Some yes, but some no. And some I just don't know and I think I have a wide range in music taste.

Perhaps not that wide though!  :devil:

756837[/snapback]

Music is subjective and each of those bands were very influential. My point is the 80s was not all Chaka Khan, 99 Luft Balloons and Aha. There was a great punk scene going on, there was a thriving metal scene, some great classic rock(Billy Squier, AC/DC, The Who, Stones, Aerosmith, etc), an incredible alternative scene(back when alternative was alternative), Ska, World music, free jazz, funk, hiphop, gangsta, techno. The 80s had some kick ass music

BTW I graduated HS in 87- all 4 years REM was the biggest thing. Those early albums are fantastic

Music is subjective and each of those bands were very influential.  My point is the 80s was not all Chaka Khan, 99 Luft Balloons and Aha.  There was a great punk scene going on, there was a thriving metal scene, some great classic rock(Billy Squier, AC/DC, The Who, Stones, Aerosmith, etc), an incredible alternative scene(back when alternative was alternative), Ska, World music, free jazz, funk, hiphop, gangsta, techno.  The 80s had some kick ass music

BTW I graduated HS in 87- all 4 years REM was the biggest thing.  Those early albums are fantastic

756844[/snapback]

This is all true except I cant confirm you graduating, and the ska and gangsta is the chit I dunno about! :D What the hell is Ska? :lol:

I should have graduated in 82 or 83. I waited till 1991 for the GED and moved on from there :devil:

I hate to post this for fear of the kind of responses I'll get but I'll do it anyway.  :D

Do any of you remember The Hooters??  I thought they were pretty good.

756841[/snapback]

I remember them but I dont remember seeing you or yours in there! :devil:

Sorry, I'm new to this hitting on you thing, but I gotta tell ya, I like it!

I like it a lot :lol:

I remember them but I dont remember seeing you or yours in there!  :devil:

Sorry, I'm new to this hitting on you thing, but I gotta tell ya, I like it!

I like it a lot  :lol:

756856[/snapback]

so does she.... :D

What the hell is Ska?  :devil:

756852[/snapback]

Sublime is one of the greatest bands ever IMO and can be considered Ska

RIP Bradley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9DIhc9t50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXOH3Wto-hw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX2nW34uP0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuF156L94N0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpQ2E4JlfM

BTW there is always great music going on.  The 80s also included REM, U2, Metallica, Slayer, Janes Addiction, DRI, Talking Heads,The Clash, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suicidal Tendencies, Crumbsuckers, Fear, Mudhoney, Guided By Voices, The Police, Herbie Hancock, NWA, Public Enemy, Prince, Paul Simon, Pavement, Replacements, Guns and Roses, Joy Division, The Cure, Bad Brains, Buffalo Tom, Dinasaur Jr, Lemonheads, Husker Du etc,etc .  Late 80s/early 90s brought Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Tool, Radiohead, Soundgarden....................Lots of great music today-Jack White is incredible for a start

756834[/snapback]

You can't talk about early 90's music without talking about Weezer.

<----

--

Whenever i think about REM i always think about the Smiths. Another great band.

<----

--

Whenever i think about REM i always think about the Smiths.  Another great band.

756867[/snapback]

I remember reading that Jeff Buckley was a huge fan of the Smiths....I need to check them out, too.

<----

--

Whenever i think about REM i always think about the Smiths.  Another great band.

756867[/snapback]

I so agree. Weezer is a fantastic band. So much great music- I just rattled off some names off the top of my head and know I missed some obvious choices