How not to get my vote

I'm kinda borderline which candidate I'll vote for in the House and Senate race here, but the balance has shifted slightly to the Republicans...

I came home from work and saw a message on my answering machine. It was a freakin recording that can be summed up as BushBad DemocratsGood, well at least what I heard while I was taking a leak. After I flushed the toilet I erased what was left of the message

My vote may change if the Republicans leave a similar annoying recording

How to not get my vote...

I saw some !@#$ campgning at Saratoga Racetrack on Trvaers day. The guy had a following of people working on the campagn holding signs with his name on it while he walked around distracting people from the races.

What a douche nozzle.

I'm kinda borderline which candidate I'll vote for in the House and Senate race here, but the balance has shifted slightly to the Republicans...

I came home from work and saw a message on my answering machine.  It was a freakin recording that can be summed up as BushBad DemocratsGood, well at least what I heard while I was taking a leak.  After I flushed the toilet I erased what was left of the message

My vote may change if the Republicans leave a similar annoying recording

756626[/snapback]

And thus, the party ID theory continues to hold true.

It would be a fair statement that if you are not a Republican, you lean republican, would it not?

756799[/snapback]

depends on your point of view. i've been called a rightwinger by some and a hippie by others

i was called a goddamn communist hippie once, but that was a musical discussion not a political one

depends on your point of view.  i've been called a rightwinger by some and a hippie by others

i was called a goddamn communist hippie once, but that was a musical discussion not a political one

756803[/snapback]

How do you view yourself?

Do you lean Democratic or Republican?

756845[/snapback]

I posted this excerpt from Chuck Klosterman a few weeks ago, but I'm nothing if not repetitive.

I am an apolitical person. Absolutely nobody believes me when I say that, but it's true. Every conservative person I know thinks I'm mixing Noam Chomsky's personal Kool-Aid, and every liberal I know seems to assume I want to shampoo Ann Coulter's hair while watching outtakes from "The Passion of the Christ." I have no idea how this happened. For example, I don't have an opinion on abortion. I really, truly do not. You want to have an abortion? Fine; take my car keys, You think abortion is murder? Well, you're probably right. Who knows? Either way, it doesn't have anything to do with me. Do I think George W. Bush is the worst president of my lifetime? Well, of course I do -- but that's not because he's a Republican. It's because he somehow (a) got into Yale, yet (b) claims "the jury is still out" on the theory of evolution.

Everything is situational, and that reality informs how I interpret the world. At least within my mind, it seems as though any people who consciously and consistently perceive themselves as right-leaning or left-leaning are simply admitting that they don't want to think critically about complexity. It always strikes me as staunchly unsophisticated and mildly insane.

I said I'm repetitive.

What's he gonna do this hurricane season when the "K" storm comes ripping through?

2006's K storm is KIRK.

He will fear the wrath then!

:)  ;)

759375[/snapback]

no thanks, we don't need anymore hurricanes, tropical storms, or tropical depressions for awhile

the 11 inces of rain Ernesto dumped yesterday is enough to last for awhile, so George W Bush and the Yakuza can turn off the hurricane machine

Dumbest politician had to be the guy who knocked on my door campaigning on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of a Bills' game, when I lived in Kenmore. WNY politicians should know better than interrupting Bills' games-it almost guarantees a vote for their opponent.

How about the dumbass out here who stands a good chance of unseating an incumbent senator (except his voice sounds like Mickey Mouse, all squeaky)...he proactively "comes clean" about a DUI except lies about the whole thing. So while the original confession was of little interest and got him some kudos, the lie is now on the front page.

What a dope. If you're going to bring it up, then tell the truth. Of course, he knows how stupid Americans are. Let's see if he knocks on my door during a Seahawks game...

• 4 weeks later...

democrats are making it easy to decide who not to vote for.

2 annyoing messages on my answering machine just this week, republicans have left me alone so far

sad thing is i want the dems to pick up either the house or senate (DividedGovernmentGood!) but are annoying me enough to vote for the republican in 2 races the dems are trying to pick up (VA-02 and VA Senate)