Jauron Question

Watching Krumrie prance around with no coat in 10 or 15 degree weather (not just home, but on the road as well) was up there with the most bizarre behavior I have ever seen in sports.

Coach K is probably one of the toughest men on the planet, and it was sad to see him go.

757053[/snapback]

:devil:

That brought back memories of watching the Vikings before they got their domed stadium.

I always thought that Bud Grant's SB teams deserved more mention - gawd, they were excellent clubs...

:devil:

That brought back memories of watching the Vikings before they got their domed stadium.

I always thought that Bud Grant's SB teams deserved more mention - gawd, they were excellent clubs...

757111[/snapback]

They were very good, but not (imo) big enough to compete with the likes of Pitt, KC, or the Raiders. Their front 4 consisted of extremely athletic, but comparetively small players, and they simply couldn't cut it against the freaks on the afforementioned teams.

Even Larsen seemed small when compared to Upshaw, Shell, Brown, Culp, Greene, Holmes, etc.

They were very good, but not (imo) big enough to compete with the likes of Pitt, KC, or the Raiders. Their front 4 consisted of extremely athletic, but comparetively small players, and they simply couldn't cut it against the freaks on the afforementioned teams.

Even Larsen seemed small when compared to Upshaw, Shell, Brown, Culp, Greene, Holmes, etc.

757123[/snapback]

How about their linebackers, defensive backfield, and OL?

And the inate charm of Joe Kapp's dying ducks? :devil:

How about their linebackers, defensive backfield, and OL?

And the inate charm of Joe Kapp's dying ducks?  :devil:

757128[/snapback]

I was fond of their running backs....Osborne, Brown and Foreman.

Hilgenberg got exposed when they played the bigger teams. Casper almost killed him with a block in the superbowl.

Who was in the middle, Simeon?

Who was in the middle, Simeon?

757137[/snapback]

No idea.

Went to pro-football-reference to look up some of the old names...Kassulke, Krause, Yary, Alderman, Tinglehoff, Gene Washington, in addition to the DL notables. Nice bunch.

Turns out that Grant's coaching record is 156 - 96 - 5, and 10 - 13 in the playoffs.