If we took away the mistakes...

Just watching the Browns game. and thinking back to the other pre-season games...

Most of our drives are being killed by penalties or muffed snaps, etc. That's all execution. If Jauron and Co. can clean that up in time for the regular season, we may have a halfway decent team this year.

PTR

Exactly. And what's killed us going into the regular season was those same mistakes that were supposed to be eliminated. When you start in an 0-4 hole, you have to be perfect the rest of the way to make the post season and that is nearly impossible.

This year we will have to start at least 2-2 to have any type of chance.

Yes, but your point can be taken in the opposite direction PTR, the reason that we have been so bad is that we can't stop making mistakes and that is often the difference is 4-5?? 7-8?? wins a year. Mistakes.

Good teams don't make nearly as many. Bad teams get worse because they can't correct the stupid mistakes (ala penalties on QB scrambles that should have been a JPL touchdown in the browns game)

Yes, but your point can be taken in the opposite direction PTR, the reason that we have been so bad is that we can't stop making mistakes and that is often the difference is 4-5?? 7-8?? wins a year.  Mistakes.

Good teams don't make nearly as many.  Bad teams get worse because they can't correct the stupid mistakes (ala penalties on QB scrambles that should have been a JPL touchdown in the browns game)

755705[/snapback]

While mistakes have not helped our cause in the past couple of years, I have no problem putting the bulk of our crappiness on the coaching staff. Bad play calling. Inability to adjust AT ALL. Schemes seemingly drawn up on an Etch-a-Sketch. Poor use of personnel.

If the new crew can fix most of that, I'll feel better because penalties are something you can fix.

Yes, but your point can be taken in the opposite direction PTR, the reason that we have been so bad is that we can't stop making mistakes and that is often the difference is 4-5?? 7-8?? wins a year.  Mistakes.

Good teams don't make nearly as many.  Bad teams get worse because they can't correct the stupid mistakes (ala penalties on QB scrambles that should have been a JPL touchdown in the browns game)

755705[/snapback]

Not really...you can be just bad. Where you can't make the plays either way. This team looks like it can make plays. They just keep getting negated by penalties/miscues/etc.

PTR

Good teams don't make as many and, usually, good teams are talented thus they can overcome the mistakes they make. Bills dont have any offensive punch so any mistakes, at least the ones that cost points, are more difficult to overcome. Its compounded by the fact that the Bills right now are a team without any real identity and no established positive attitude to draw on. Hopefully, we will get some breaks early this year and steal a win to get a positive atmosphere going.

Not really...you can be just bad.  Where you can't make the plays either way.  This team looks like it can make plays.  They just keep getting negated by penalties/miscues/etc.

PTR

755708[/snapback]

point taken and I agree, I also agree with LA Billz in that it is about talent level. We are not the most talented, but certainly not as bad as last year's record. That to me is where mistakes come in (both player and coaches). It was extremely frustrating to watch a team that can make plays, has athletes as some positions, and has shown us the year prior that they can win games, go out and absolutely shiite the bed week after week.

The other thing that I would say about our team's mistakes is that once you start making them it seems like they can't stop. The negative momentum last year was really frustrating to watch. So, Here's to holding and false starts :devil:

Agreed, its the stupid mental mistakes that seem to kill us..I wanna say that its easily correctable, but is it?? I mean the coaches can only do soo much..

755696[/snapback]

What worries me is that most of these mental stupid mistakes that have

resulted in a penalty has come from the OL....IMHO, I think McNally needs

to take the blame for this....For 4 seasons that he has been here with

the bills, he has not been able to elimnate this aspect from the OL.

While mistakes have not helped our cause in the past couple of years, I have no problem putting the bulk of our crappiness on the coaching staff. Bad play calling. Inability to adjust AT ALL. Schemes seemingly drawn up on an Etch-a-Sketch. Poor use of personnel.

If the new crew can fix most of that, I'll feel better because penalties are something you can fix.

755707[/snapback]

Bad coaching also ='s mental errors, incohesiveness, and overall lackluster teams...

Can Jauron bring The Buffalo Bills through their growing pains? I want to Billieve he can.

Just watching the Browns game. and thinking back to the other pre-season games...

Most of our drives are being killed by penalties or muffed snaps, etc.  That's all execution.  If Jauron and Co. can clean that up in time for the regular season, we may have a halfway decent team this year.

PTR

755687[/snapback]

I agree totally.

re: this thread...

I find human reaction interesting. Another way of wording what you wrote is....

"We have quite a lot of talent on this team & if we can stop the penalties etc, etc. we could be good."

Had you posted that way I think you would have gotten slammed. Apparently it is not 'realistic' to think this team has 'average or above' talent.

I agree totally.

re: this thread...

I find human reaction interesting.  Another way of wording what you wrote is....

"We have quite a lot of talent on this team & if we can stop the penalties etc, etc. we could be good."

Had you posted that way I think you would have gotten slammed.  Apparently it is not 'realistic' to think this team has 'average or above' talent.

755895[/snapback]

Note I said "halfway decent," not "Super Bowl-bound."

PTR

Not really...you can be just bad.  Where you can't make the plays either way.  This team looks like it can make plays.  They just keep getting negated by penalties/miscues/etc.

PTR

755708[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's generally what makes bad teams bad in the NFL. This isn't college where there's a huge difference in talent. Bad teams are usually the teams that continually shoot themselves in the foot.

Note I said "halfway decent," not "Super Bowl-bound."

PTR

755908[/snapback]

Noted.

Note I said "we could be good" not "Super Bowl-bound."

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what "halfway decent" was implying.

I figured you meant at least average.....but not super bowl level. :devil:

if my uncle had breasts............he would be my aunt....lol lol i think we have lots of talent,but we do seem to take stupid mistakes and always at the worst times...this has been a problem since the beginning of the greg williams regime.hopefully with some solid coaching theses mistakes start to go away little by little......good luck j.p. and go bills in"06