Lovely Images of Barbaro

millbank

One can imagine being part of a group of people all working to make Barbaro the best he could be realizing a dream, seeing that dream get crushed and then working together to save him. People as a group working for something special in a selfless way. Somehow in all this many folks who worked together gain to the good of working in a selfless way.

I am not ashamed to say it makes me tear up....

RIP

An undefeated horse who completely outclassed 19 of the best thoroghbreds in the world in the grandest race there is. All the glue jokes in the world won't change that. Unfortunately, when 1200-pound animals thunder all of that weight down on legs that are the size of a human's forearm, these life-threatening injuries are unavoidable.

RIP

An undefeated horse who completely outclassed 19 of the best thoroghbreds in the world in the grandest race there is. All the glue jokes in the world won't change that. Unfortunately, when 1200-pound animals thunder all of that weight down on legs that are the size of a human's forearm, these life-threatening injuries are unavoidable.

It's a sad day for anyone that has ever had a connection with an animal. A great racehorse will trump an average human any day of the week. These guys give it their all out of pure competitive spirit, are left so empty after a 2 minute race that they can't do it again for a month, have daily aches and pains....and they enjoy every minute of it for an "attaboy", a pepermint, or a scratch of the forehead.

If you aren't around these athletes, it is tough to understand. It is as if your family pet could run around your backyard and make you millions of dollars. You already love the guy for his loyalty and companionship....then he pays you back with amazing experiences and cash. You are forever in debt to these creatures because there isn't a damn thing you can do that will ever repay them. That is why I feel so bad for the connections.

One can imagine being part of a group of people all working to make Barbaro the best he could be realizing a dream, seeing that dream get crushed and then working together to save him. People as a group working for something special in a selfless way. Somehow in all this many folks who worked together gain to the good of working in a selfless way.

I am not ashamed to say it makes me tear up....

Fag.

(I keed, I keed...)

These guys give it their all out of pure competitive spirit, are left so empty after a 2 minute race that they can't do it again for a month, have daily aches and pains....and they enjoy every minute of it for an "attaboy", a pepermint, or a scratch of the forehead.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the dwarf sitting on their backs, kicking them in the ribs and strapping thier asses with a leather whip every time they try to slow down. :)

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the dwarf sitting on their backs, kicking them in the ribs and strapping thier asses with a leather whip every time they try to slow down. :)

The jockeys hit them more for show so the yahoos betting on them can't complain it's rigged. One good pop let's them know it's go time, and some intelligent horses will slow down if you whip them. If a horse gets welts from a whip, the jock can get suspended.

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run, their bodies are built to run, and all they want to do is run. Trust me, the good horses know the difference between a workout and raceday. If you think thoroughbreds have it rough because there's a jockey who whips them four times a race in eight races a year, you are sorely mistaken. These horses are the cream of the crop and are pampered to no end. Low-end owners have $20K+ invested, and high-end owners spend several millions to purchase the top yearlings. You do not make that type of financial committment and not protect your investment.

If they weren't running at the track with a dwarf sitting on them, they'd be running in a pasture somewhere. It's their nature. The dwarf is simply there to channel their running into the most productive manner possible.

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run, their bodies are built to run, and all they want to do is run. Trust me, the good horses know the difference between a workout and raceday. If you think thoroughbreds have it rough because there's a jockey who whips them four times a race in eight races a year, you are sorely mistaken. These horses are the cream of the crop and are pampered to no end. Low-end owners have $20K+ invested, and high-end owners spend several millions to purchase the top yearlings. You do not make that type of financial committment and not protect your investment.

If they weren't running at the track with a dwarf sitting on them, they'd be running in a pasture somewhere. It's their nature. The dwarf is simply there to channel their running into the most productive manner possible.

Does your family still run horses?

Not only this, but many horses get depressed once they stop racing. Like a human who retires and climbs the walls at home....some beings just need to work.

Does your family still run horses?

Not only this, but many horses get depressed once they stop racing. Like a human who retires and climbs the walls at home....some beings just need to work.

No, not anymore. My grandfather is in his upper 80's and is still a pisser, but he was in with about six other guys who owned quite a few thoroughbreds and trotters over the years. I think five of the six others have already passed on, and they sold off their stable about 10 years ago.

The best they had was a horse named YouBetItIGetIt who won a few Grade II and III stakes races at Aqueduct in the mid-80's. Most of the entries were at Fort Erie and Woodbine. They ran a few of the better horses at NYRA tracks, including a few entries at Saratoga, the greatest place in the world. Imagine being 8 years old and walking around in the paddock on a sunny August afternoon in Saratoga...Needless to say I was hooked.

No, not anymore. My grandfather is in his upper 80's and is still a pisser, but he was in with about six other guys who owned quite a few thoroughbreds and trotters over the years. I think five of the six others have already passed on, and they sold off their stable about 10 years ago.

The best they had was a horse named YouBetItIGetIt who won a few Grade II and III stakes races at Aqueduct in the mid-80's. Most of the entries were at Fort Erie and Woodbine. They ran a few of the better horses at NYRA tracks, including a few entries at Saratoga, the greatest place in the world. Imagine being 8 years old and walking around in the paddock on a sunny August afternoon in Saratoga...Needless to say I was hooked.

Good deal. There is nothing better than a day/week/month at Saratoga.