Andre Agassi

ajzepp

I haven't played in a good while, unfortunately. I started at the age of 4, though, and played competitively up through my teens. It's probably the one sport I could have really considered sticking with and going pro one day....I was pretty good. I'm totally out of shape now, though...even LanaK6 could beat me, lol. But I absolutely love the game.

758229[/snapback]

I dunno...I have played for a few months. :lol:

I just play at a rec center not too far from my house. I've also played on a USTA doubles league team. It was great fun even though we didn't win all the time. :lol:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played in a good while, unfortunately. I started at the age of 4, though, and played competitively up through my teens. It's probably the one sport I could have really considered sticking with and going pro one day....I was pretty good. I'm totally out of shape now, though...even LanaK6 could beat me, lol. But I absolutely love the game.

758229[/snapback]

i took tennis lessons as a child, and had a choice between a summer tennis league or a summer swimming league... i chose the pool...

My sister was a great tennis player in high school for exactly one match. she won as a freshman, beating the #1 girl, was named #1, then had 4 shoulder surgeries (the last by dr. james andrews... her surgery was scheduled right before hulk hogan's knee surgery. they shared a recovery room. that's my sister's claim to fame.) My brother was the captain of the HS team and is on his way to the same spot for his college team. His claim to fame is that he instructed danny briere's children at amherst hills this summer. whoopee!!

i took tennis lessons as a child, and had a choice between a summer tennis league or a summer swimming league...  i chose the pool... 

My sister was a great tennis player in high school for exactly one match.  she won as a freshman, beating the #1 girl, was named #1, then had 4 shoulder surgeries (the last by dr. james andrews...  her surgery was scheduled right before hulk hogan's knee surgery.  they shared a recovery room.  that's my sister's claim to fame.)  My brother was the captain of the HS team and is on his way to the same spot for his college team.  His claim to fame is that he instructed danny briere's children at amherst hills this summer.  whoopee!!

758239[/snapback]

FOUR shoulder surgeries??? Did Andrews have to come in to fix something that the other docs messed up, or did she just have some bad luck with injuries? That must have really been tough on her :lol: Pretty cool about the Hogan thing, though!

Andre is back baby!

758243[/snapback]

I love how into the match this crowd is....Baghdatis must feel totally alone, lol.

FOUR shoulder surgeries??? Did Andrews have to come in to fix something that the other docs messed up, or did she just have some bad luck with injuries? That must have really been tough on her :lol:  Pretty cool about the Hogan thing, though!

758242[/snapback]

her first was arthroscopic... the 2nd and 3rd were full surgeries to retighten the ligaments and to clear up scar tissue... the 4th was with andrews and it was obviously a miracle surgery because she now has no ill affects, and that was about 8 years ago

her first was arthroscopic...  the 2nd and 3rd were full surgeries to retighten the ligaments and to clear up scar tissue...  the 4th was with andrews and it was obviously a miracle surgery because she now has no ill affects, and that was about 8 years ago

758249[/snapback]

wow, well that's good she's got it workin well now....does she still play much?

Yeah, it's awesome.  :lol:  Wow, a 3 hr match!

758253[/snapback]

He's starting to paint the lines again, just like he did last match....lookin' good for andre....

wow, well that's good she's got it workin well now....does she still play much?

758252[/snapback]

not really. i think her arm, shoulder, and back are generally weaker now... plus she's busy with her phD stuff, so who knows... my parents have a court in the backyard (with lights.... extra cool). we all hit the ball around a little bit, but she couldn't dream of playing competitively again.

not really.  i think her arm, shoulder, and back are generally weaker now...  plus she's busy with her phD stuff, so who knows...  my parents have a court in the backyard (with lights.... extra cool).  we all hit the ball around a little bit, but she couldn't dream of playing competitively again.

758255[/snapback]

That's really a shame :lol: I'm glad to hear she's so successful academically, though....and tennis can be as much fun or more on a recreational basis as it can when you compete.

That's really a shame :lol:  I'm glad to hear she's so successful academically, though....and tennis can be as much fun or more on a recreational basis as it can when you compete.

758257[/snapback]

yeah, i think she sorta put tennis behind her after the shoulder stuff... and by the way, this bagdhatis is a headcase! his prayers, pointing to the gods, and tennis racket BJs are entertaining!

yeah, i think she sorta put tennis behind her after the shoulder stuff...  and by the way, this bagdhatis is a headcase!  his prayers, pointing to the gods, and tennis racket BJs are entertaining!

758259[/snapback]

LOL, I agree....and I think he's stalling trying to get Andre to stiffen up....ain't gonna happen.

Wow, that place is rocking.

There's no tennis crowd on the planet like an amped crowd in Flushing.

758266[/snapback]

Hell yeah it is....music cranking at change of side and everything :lol: Wish I was there!