Bengals may be the best in the AFC....

Pittsburgh will take a seat in that division...

Bengals look great tonight. Most of their starters played 2 quarters. Ravens wont be a pushover in the division w/ a QB.

Could see a Bengal Super Bowl this year guys pending Palmer's knee. Knee didnt look like a factor tonight...

Tonight stats from starters

Carson Palmer 9/14 140 10.0 3 0

Rudi Johnson 12 35 2.9 0 11

T.J. Houshmandzadeh 5 96 19.2 1 33

Tab Perry 2 29 14.5 1 15

After all, right now they are destroying what Brett Favre says is the best Packers team he has ever been a part of.

754812[/snapback]

A Packers team that drafted ahead of Buffalo last April.

Makes you wonder if Favre is on something again. :P

Im not sold on the bengals defense especially in the secondary or dline. yeah they can force turnovers but I dont think their defense overall is good enough to get them over the hump, nor do I think Marvin Lewis is that great of a coach, more like he lucked into a cant miss prospect in Carson Palmer. They're the colts lite.

Didn't our offense put up 33 on that "elite" defense?

I'll hold my judgement on the Bungles until the season starts.

755011[/snapback]

Look at it this way: either someone was really, really good last night, or someone was really, really bad. Truth is, while the Bengals offense looked pretty good, there is no hiding the fact that Favre looked absolutely awful in that he was throwing rockets...absolute rockets...that were just not catchable by his young receiving group. A little too behind the receiver or a little too far ahead, and maybe some of his old go-to guys could have brought them down...but not the new guys.

Palmer is the new teddi. Theisman was speechless (course the fact that he had his head in Palmer's butt may have had something to do with it).

Don't get me wrong, coming back from that injury in such a short time is amazing.

I really hate to say this but...I don't think he's gonna last more than a handful of games this year. :P