The Most Embarrassing Thing About Today

MDH

On the last drive (yes, the meaningless drive that ended the game) I can't believe how bad the offense looked (and I expect pretty bad things from this O…so that’s saying something). 4 Sacks on one drive is bad enough, but the fact that the Pats let the Bills know they were blitzing, didn't try to disguise it in the least bit, the Bills new exactly which players were blitzing (hell, I knew who was blitzing!) and they STILL couldn't beat it. It was the most pathetic excuse for a professional offensive series I've ever seen in all my days of being a football fan. It was just embarrassing. How can you not know how to beat a blitz for big chunks of yardage if you know exactly what is coming?

It wouldn't have mattered in the final score of the game but this drive just told me how unprepared this team is, how mentally un-tough they are, how mistake prone they are, and how our QB just can't read and react quickly enough to the blitz. Say all you want that "he had no time to throw" and you'd be right...but I've seen lots of QBs in that same situation "with no time to throw" throw the ball 30 yards down the sideline and let his WR try to make a play to beat the 1 on 1 coverage he's seeing. I’ve seen QBs hit guys on slants 10 yards down field and then they took it to the house in these same situations. I saw Billy Volek throw the ball deep today when SD sold out on a blitz and guys got through untouched. The ball fell incomplete but he put the ball up there deep for his WR to try and make a play. This is a guy who started his 2nd NFL game today. Taking a sack or dumping the ball off for 3 yards when you need two scores is just not quality play. Taking 4 sacks is just pathetic. I didn’t think Drew had a bad game overall today…but once that fumble happened he just crumbled…the guy just isn’t a mentally tough player. When things start to go downhill he folds. Same thing for the entire offense…and hell, the D for that matter. That’s the team we have right now, one that folds under pressure.

On the last drive (yes, the meaningless drive that ended the game) I can't believe how bad the offense looked (and I expect pretty bad things from this O…so that’s saying something).  4 Sacks on one drive is bad enough, but the fact that the Pats let the Bills know they were blitzing, didn't try to disguise it in the least bit, the Bills new exactly which players were blitzing (hell, I knew who was blitzing!) and they STILL couldn't beat it.  It was the most pathetic excuse for a professional offensive series I've ever seen in all my days of being a football fan. It was just embarrassing.  How can you not know how to beat a blitz for big chunks of yardage if you know exactly what is coming? 

It wouldn't have mattered in the final score of the game but this drive just told me how unprepared this team is, how mentally un-tough they are, how mistake prone they are, and how our QB just can't read and react quickly enough to the blitz.  Say all you want that "he had no time to throw" and you'd be right...but I've seen lots of QBs in that same situation "with no time to throw" throw the ball 30 yards down the sideline and let his WR try to make a play to beat the 1 on 1 coverage he's seeing.  I’ve seen QBs hit guys on slants 10 yards down field and then they took it to the house in these same situations.  I saw Billy Volek throw the ball deep today when SD sold out on a blitz and guys got through untouched.  The ball fell incomplete but he put the ball up there deep for his WR to try and make a play.  This is a guy who started his 2nd NFL game today.  Taking a sack or dumping the ball off for 3 yards when you need two scores is just not quality play.  Taking 4 sacks is just pathetic.  I didn’t think Drew had a bad game overall today…but once that fumble happened he just crumbled…the guy just isn’t a mentally tough player.  When things start to go downhill he folds.  Same thing for the entire offense…and hell, the D for that matter.  That’s the team we have right now, one that folds under pressure.

54709[/snapback]

I had a similar reaction, and the Play-By-Play was not helping because they pointed out exactly what was going on. They even went as far as laughing about how Harrison was getting tired from blitzing on every Play...

Man that sucked... :)

I didn’t think Drew had a bad game overall today…but once that fumble happened he just crumbled…the guy just isn’t a mentally tough player.  When things start to go downhill he folds.  Same thing for the entire offense…and hell, the D for that matter.  That’s the team we have right now, one that folds under pressure.

54709[/snapback]

GET WELL JP!!! :)