Where the Pats out of timeouts?

Thailog80

Not timeouts I mean challenges.I know its hindsight but if he didnt fumble out of the endzone then NE can't challenge the fumble call on their own WR right? Talk about having the deck stacked against us? We can't catch a break. :)

I believe they were out of challenges. Each team gets two challenges and if they use both successfuly, they get another. The Pats used one successfully on the McGee interception and unsuccessfully on the Moulds touchdown. Therefore, they would not have been able to challenge the play.

Fletcher is so irritating at times. At first it looked like he was just going to cover up the ball with both hands, but then I swear he was going to try and stretch the ball out over the goal line before he got hit.

I believe they were out of challenges.  Each team gets two challenges and if they use both successfuly, they get another.  The Pats used one successfully on the McGee interception and unsuccessfully on the Moulds touchdown.  Therefore, they would not have been able to challenge the play. 

Fletcher is so irritating at times.  At first it looked like he was just going to cover up the ball with both hands, but then I swear he was going to try and stretch the ball out over the goal line before he got hit.

54737[/snapback]

No, he got drilled on that play. I thought he was hotdogging, too, but the replay clearly showed he got smoked.