Keep Talking Ms. Harris

Chilly

lolol

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/28/sen...s.ap/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris told a religious journal that separation of church and state is "a lie" and God and the nation's founding fathers did not intend the country be "a nation of secular laws."

The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate also said that if Christians are not elected, politicians will "legislate sin," including abortion and gay marriage.

Harris made the comments -- which she clarified Saturday -- in the Florida Baptist Witness, the weekly journal of the Florida Baptist State Convention, which interviewed political candidates and asked them about religion and their positions on issues.

Separation of church and state is "a lie we have been told," Harris said in the interview, published Thursday, saying separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

As if her loss wasn't already cemented in stone, this just about does it. rofl.

I went looking for the original interview, and saw that the Florida Baptist Witness interviewed all three Senate Republican candidates. One question stood out and seemed to explain how much Katherine has really embraced the challenges, quandaries, philosophy, dillemmas, questions, and doubts that reward the arrival of a deeply held faith.

Florida Baptist Witness: Some day all of us have to give an account before God for what we have done. Are you certain in your own heart that when you come to that point of accounting that you’ll spend eternity with God in Heaven?

Will McBride: I am a hundred percent sure based on what the Bible says, “whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” My dad is a minister, as I’ve said, and as a young boy in Sunday School I would always go forward and pray the sinner’s prayer, however when I was 10 years old I wanted to make sure because I struggled with doubts of my salvation, and I acknowledged that I was a sinner, I believe that Christ died on the cross for my sins and in the best way that a 10-year-old boy could, I invited Him to be my Lord and Savior. I’m not perfect, but I believe that was the time I placed my faith in Christ. And based on Scripture, I am confident that I will stand before Christ and He will say, “welcome in.” I just want to hear, “well done, thou good and faithful servant.”

---

[same question]

LeRoy Collins: I certainly hope so and I’ve been conducting myself with that in mind. But my ledger is clean. I think I have spent most of my life doing things for other people and so I think that that’s very important and that should be an objective in our lives and I’ve always thought in terms of how does this impact other people and what can I do for them rather than myself and that’s very gratifying.

---

[same question]

Katherine Harris: No question.

I went looking for the original interview, and saw that the Florida Baptist Witness interviewed all three Senate Republican candidates. One question stood out and seemed to explain how much Katherine has really embraced the challenges, quandaries, philosophy,  dillemmas, questions, and doubts that reward the arrival of a deeply held faith.

Florida Baptist Witness: Some day all of us have to give an account before God for what we have done. Are you certain in your own heart that when you come to that point of accounting that you’ll spend eternity with God in Heaven?

Will McBride: I am a hundred percent sure based on what the Bible says, “whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” My dad is a minister, as I’ve said, and as a young boy in Sunday School I would always go forward and pray the sinner’s prayer, however when I was 10 years old I wanted to make sure because I struggled with doubts of my salvation, and I acknowledged that I was a sinner, I believe that Christ died on the cross for my sins and in the best way that a 10-year-old boy could, I invited Him to be my Lord and Savior. I’m not perfect, but I believe that was the time I placed my faith in Christ. And based on Scripture, I am confident that I will stand before Christ and He will say, “welcome in.” I just want to hear, “well done, thou good and faithful servant.”

---

[same question]

LeRoy Collins: I certainly hope so and I’ve been conducting myself with that in mind. But my ledger is clean. I think I have spent most of my life doing things for other people and so I think that that’s very important and that should be an objective in our lives and I’ve always thought in terms of how does this impact other people and what can I do for them rather than myself and that’s very gratifying.

---

[same question]

Katherine Harris: No question.

755336[/snapback]

:doh::unsure:

Great stuff.