Did anyone happen to see.....just how

Lv-Bills

Eric Moulds looked last night for Houston? I mean, I liked EM myself, although I think most Bills fans tend to think he was a little better than he actually was.

However, he was sickly last night. He looks a bit pudgy, and had no burst whatsoever. On a deep ball down the sidelines, Carr actually made a great throw down the sidelines, but EM had no juice to hit a second gear to catch it.

EM was a solid player on some bad teams, however I think it was a great move to let him go. I actually think the Bills won't miss him at all. Here's hoping EM serves as a solid #2 down in Houston, but I'm not sure how much he's going to help them. It really seemed he has lost a step. At least, according to last nights game it did.

Eric Moulds looked last night for Houston?  I mean, I liked EM myself, although I think most Bills fans tend to think he was a little better than he actually was.

However, he was sickly last night.  He looks a bit pudgy, and had no burst whatsoever.  On a deep ball down the sidelines, Carr actually made a great throw down the sidelines, but EM had no juice to hit a second gear to catch it.

EM was a solid player on some bad teams, however I think it was a great move to let him go.  I actually think the Bills won't miss him at all.  Here's hoping EM serves as a solid #2 down in Houston, but I'm not sure how much he's going to help them.  It really seemed he has lost a step.  At least, according to last nights game it did.

753897[/snapback]

I did not see the game, but noticed that he only had 3 catches for 28 yards, which would suggest he is turning into a short-game player. That might explain his love for KH, and he could of course extend his career being a short-game #2, though it does make me less upset about his departure from Buffalo.

EM was a solid player on some bad teams, however I think it was a great move to let him go.  I actually think the Bills won't miss him at all.  Here's hoping EM serves as a solid #2 down in Houston, but I'm not sure how much he's going to help them.  It really seemed he has lost a step.  At least, according to last nights game it did.

753897[/snapback]

Thanks for Kyle Williams, suckers :devil:

Anyone see the game last night, Denver/Houston? Carr (who looks lousy still) throws a deep ball down the left sideline with a lot of air under it. Moulds couldn't get to it and if you watched his stride, he cleary doesn't have that last gear he once had to get to those balls. Lee Evans would have got it and scored. A great player for all those years with the Bills, but it looks like it was good timing to let him go. Hope he's happy in Houston. Looks to me like he's in the same situation there as if he were in Buffalo. Playing as #2 with an unproven QB on a poor team for less $$. He deserves a better end to his career.

Moulds should have hung it up.  Good player, hope that he likes losing in Houston.  Probably not much different that losing here.

754160[/snapback]

Crap stats for '06 will presumably end his career.

I"m not a big fan of the "let's bash former Bills when they leave" mentality -- particularly when they were productive players here -- but I do wonder what EM was thinking, choosing a team like Houston. QBs don't come any more inconsistent than Carr, and that team will struggle to win more than four ballgames this season.

Sad way to go out, EM.

I"m not a big fan of the "let's bash former Bills when they leave" mentality -- particularly when they were productive players here -- but I do wonder what EM was thinking, choosing a team like Houston.  QBs don't come any more inconsistent than Carr, and that team will struggle to win more than four ballgames this season.

Sad way to go out, EM.

754264[/snapback]

great post eball.

I dislike the Moulds bashing (as I disliked the Ruben Brown bashing) The guy gave his all every single year he was a Bill. He made a mistake last year and it wasn't pretty. I wish him the best.

I really liked moulds in buffalo, 98 was a great season break out season (except fumble in Miami playoff game which always sticks in my mind), and he had a very good career in buffalo for all the following years, but he definately lost a step. Was watching that came last night and thought each time he broke from the line how lethargic he seemed. Maybe just the thin air in Denver, lack of oxygen

I"m not a big fan of the "let's bash former Bills when they leave" mentality -- particularly when they were productive players here -- but I do wonder what EM was thinking, choosing a team like Houston.  QBs don't come any more inconsistent than Carr, and that team will struggle to win more than four ballgames this season.

Sad way to go out, EM.

754264[/snapback]

Watching David Carr last night made me glad we have JP :devil: and the Texans committed huge to this guy in the offseason...wow...

It would be really difficult for me to see Eric Moulds' skills deteriorate--I know that it happens to everyone--but I feel like his Bills career was tainted by things outside his control and some bad attitude over slowly losing the skills to be a number 1 at the end of his Bills tenure...I think with some stable QBing over the years he could have had the best numbers in Bills history. He will go down as a guy who suffered through some lean years for the team and was hurt from a stats and status perspective because of it. The only thing I will add is that if he would have been a Free Agent instead of traded he wouldn't have went to the Texans--he would have signed with a contender.

Moulds indeed isn't the player he once was. Especially at the receiver position playing against guys 10 years younger, he isn't getting any separation from the DB's. It's the same thing that plagued him last year as well. The steady decline in his production isn't soley based on the quarterbacks inability. The thing is, he could have seen the writing on the wall and gracefully accepted his transition, but he didn't.

Sad way to go out, EM.

754264[/snapback]

I don't want to bash him either but to me he took the money and ran!

Sad way to go out, EM.

754264[/snapback]

Because they offered the best money for him.....

Because they offered the best money for him.....

754321[/snapback]

I always have such a hard time accepting that as an answer. I mean, yes, you go after the jack. But Houston? It was like watching Edge go to the Cardinals.

On the other hand, Leinart seems to be the real deal for a guy who just showed up two weeks ago, so wtf do I know...

Thank-you Eball and Luisma.

Buffalo fans have a real problem with bashing players when they leave for no reason at all other than to make themselves feel better for no longer having them on the team. It happened with Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Flutie, Travis Henry, Ruben Brown, Jonas Jennings, and now Eric Moulds.

My opinion: Eric Moulds was a good player and a great guy. He would stay around to sign autographs for kids (after practice) and was very friendly most of the time. Thanks for the time here Moulds.

Thank-you Eball and Luisma.

Buffalo fans have a real problem with bashing players when they leave for no reason at all other than to make themselves feel better for no longer having them on the team. It happened with Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Flutie, Travis Henry, Ruben Brown, Jonas Jennings, and now Eric Moulds.

My opinion: Eric Moulds was a good player and a great guy. He would stay around to sign autographs for kids (after practice) and was very friendly most of the time. Thanks for the time here Moulds.

754393[/snapback]

Andre Reed - Did not get bashed when he retired. If anything, his accomplishments were recognized more with time.

Thurman - Went to the Fish and sucked (hurt). This was nearly unforgiveable.

Flutie - Cancer. Goodbye, thanks for filling the seats.

Travis - Got a 3rd rounder for a guy who sleeps with minors and immediately got in trouble with the leagues substance abuse policy

Brown - I don't remember him getting bashed much when he left.

Jennings - Overrated and overpaid, overhurt. He was in the right place at the right time for a FA LT

Moulds - Would love to have had him retire as a Bill but he didn't want to be here. Too early to see if he'll be any good in Houston.

EM is the only player there that I would still have wanted on the team longer than he was.

RTB

Andre Reed - Did not get bashed when he retired. If anything, his accomplishments were recognized more with time.

Travis - Got a 3rd rounder for a guy who sleeps with minors and immediately got in trouble with the leagues substance abuse policy

Jennings - Overrated and overpaid, overhurt. He was in the right place at the right time for a FA LT

Moulds - Would love to have had him retire as a Bill but he didn't want to be here. Too early to see if he'll be any good in Houston.

EM is the only player there that I would still have wanted on the team longer than he was.

RTB

754447[/snapback]

I love posts like this that state "opinion only" as if it is fact. Because you say it (or type it) doesn't make it true....or for that matter, even close to the truth.

RTB

754447[/snapback]

I think this whole post makes my point ... you went player by player and bashed them with the exception of a few who you say were not bashed.

I clearly remember the last home game Reed played with Buffalo. I was at the game. It was at home, Against Indianapolis. It was the last game of the season. The crowd gave him a standing ovation. Then I believe he went to the Redskins was it??? and he got bashed on the radio/boards

Moulds wanted the money that a player who had averaged 83+ receptions and 1,000 yards a year for the past two years should get. If this was another player on another team who had 81+ receptions for 3 out of the 4 years (3/4 years) and averaged around 1,000 yards a season those 4 years, then they would have received more money than we were offering. Period.