A few questions about the game last night

I thought Denney and Crowell played well--saw them all around the ball.

Overall, I thought the Bills o-line was great--gave the QB's good protection. Could have done better in the run game, but still not too shabby. I have to think Fowler had a hand in that. The only knock is the stupid formation penalties on gandy and villariel; gandy's cost us a TD.

Parrish maybe caught one or two balls and was average on punts.

Kyle W. and Whitner were pretty quiet, imho. In fact, Tim Anderson was probably the best DT, getting some pressure on Frye and a sack.

The only knock is the stupid formation penalties on gandy and villariel; gandy's cost us a TD.

753418[/snapback]

The penalty called on Gandy wasn't his fault unless he was told to report as tackle eligible. Someone likely failed to line up on his left (a WR or TE).

The penalty called on Gandy wasn't his fault unless he was told to report as tackle eligible. Someone likely failed to line up on his left (a WR or TE).

753455[/snapback]

That's what the announcers said too. I don't buy it. They're in a goal line formation; there is no WR to split out on that side. Maybe it's unrealistic, but I think Gandy could have and should have figured that out. Regardless, you can't those kinds of penalties in the redzone.

I liked what I saw out of Williams and Denney. I don't know if Williams made any tackles but he fought hard to hold the middle of the field against the run and I would've credited him with a hurry or two. Denney has really impressed me this whole preseason, and he played well against the run Saturday.

Crowell didn't do a whole lot, and I noticed them running successfully to his side of the field. I didn't, however, see exactly what he was doing on those plays so take it for what its worth.

Roscoe and Whitner were quiet and I didn't notice anything of Fowler.

....Kyle W. was pretty quiet, imho. In fact, Tim Anderson was probably the best DT, getting some pressure on Frye and a sack.

753418[/snapback]

KW got a tackle in the opening drive stopping R.Droughns for a 2 yard gain.

IMO it is only a good thing that TA is stepping up. If this new system suits him & KW is a keeper, that will work perfectly with the 'rotation' philosophy the coaches wish to employ.

753455[/snapback]

I think the fault should go to Gandy and/or JP for not spotting the correct

formation....The LT should have sensed that there was no player lined up to this left....The QB should have the presence of mind to note that....That comes with experience......He could then have called the timeout there.

Of course the third culprit could be the is the WR/TE that was supposed to

line up on that side.