What's the issue with the Defense??

I have been unable to watch a preseason game so far and I'm wondering how the defense has looked...really.

Are they running aggressive plays or just basic zone coverages to further familiarize themselves with the new package? It seems that early on QB's are having their way with the secondary. Is this because the DB's are making poor reads/decisions, are unskillful, or just playing soft coverages as per play calling??

Could it be possible that the defense is one aspect of the Bills package that has yet to be unveiled before the 06 season?? Somebody give me some answers here!

You may have watched the Ravens 2000 defense. That defense functioned as though the 11 men were fused into a single organism. There were no weaknesses; the organism would be present wherever the ball was present.

Well . . . the Bills' defense I watched last night was nothing like that. Individual players would sometimes make good plays at random--a tackle for a loss here, a batted down pass there. But there was no cohesion, no consistency for the defense as a whole. It looked like 11 individuals playing the game as individuals, and not like any sort of unified whole. The defensive line couldn't generate a consistent pass rush, the secondary couldn't provide consistent coverage, and I wasn't too impressed with the linebackers as a group.

It's still a new system and it's going to take more than 3 pre season games for it to gel.It has to get more qb pressure but the whole "vanilla" scheme makes it hard to judge right now.I think they are going to be fine once they get some real games under their belt..