So where do you take Portis now?

zevo

Ugh...not a good position to be in eh? How many points are Passing TDs worth? If it is 6, manning is probably going to be an attractive option.

If Portis is still on the board at 8...I dont know how you dont take him though. Tough call. The fact they picked up Duckett will give them plenty of time to make sure Portis is ready to play before they bring him back. I wouldnt be suprised to see him miss 2-3 weeks. If you do take him, try to burn a pick later on Duckett.

Another thing I have seen pulled off this year (with varying levels of success), is taking WR/WR in the first 2 rounds if you are picking late (as you are). You could likely wind up with Chad Johnson and Steve Smith and need to pick up some RBs later on. In a 10 team league, you could probably wind up with Kevin Jones/Julius Jones/Willie Parker/Deshawn Foster/Gore/Barlow/Jamal Lewis when your 3rd pick comes back. Something to think about.

I'vegot my draft this saturday. I am drafting #8 in a 10 team league. Should I gamble on Portis?????

753169[/snapback]

I wouldnt even consider Portis.Take the number 1 D or WR(Steve Smith/TO) with your pick.Willie Parker will still be available with your 2nd round pick,and he will be the steal of the draft.just my 2 cents,G?L :devil:

good question. My friend keeps trying to deal Portis to me. This was his last proposal- Portis, Derrick Mason, Jake Delhome for Aaron Brooks, Ruebon Draugns, and Chad Johnson. I countered Draugns for Portis straight up. The haggling is still going on

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.