Washington 0 New England 41

Shamrock

Yes it is preseason. Yes, you wear rose coloured lenses, the glass is half full. Yes, it's not about winning but evaluating your talent, depth and to play situations "live" rather than against a team-mate.

What do you make of the 41-0 scoreline, noting the aforementioned.

Washington suck, or week 1 is going to be The Test we knew when the schedule was announced?

Gee, I'm glad the Skin's faithful got to see Todd Collins throw 1 pass...

G GS Att Comp % Yd Yd/ Att Lg Td INT Tkld 20+40+ Rate

1997 Buffalo Bills 14 13 391 215 55.0 2367 6.05 77 12 13 39/278 27 9 69.5

This was Todd's 3rd season stats that saw him go nowhere but out of Buffalo to KC clipboard holder...Losman's in his 3rd year... hmmm

G  GS Att Comp  %    Yd   Yd/ Att Lg  Td INT Tkld   20+40+ Rate

1997 Buffalo Bills 14 13 391 215    55.0 2367 6.05    77 12 13 39/278 27  9    69.5

1990 Min  Vikings 14 12 349 182    52.1 2278 6.53    78 16 16 34/188 24  6    68.9

753076[/snapback]

That was also Todd's first full year as a starter at the top and Rich Gannon's 4th season aka his first year as a full time starter at the bottom.

The truth is very few QBs show much their first year's starting despite how many year's they've been in the league. There's no telling how good/bad Todd be had we kept with him but the truth is I think we owe it to JP to not be so fast to toss him aside if he puts up "Todd" or should I say "Rich" type numbers?

All I know is that the Redskins will be giving the Broncos their 1st round pick next year (and a high one at that) for TJ Duckett. :devil:

753147[/snapback]

I read it was a 3rd round pick that could become a 2nd.

Where did you see 1st round pick?

If they gave up a 1st, they're fuggin stupid. I've seen most of TJ's games, and while he's a nice player at times, he's very inconsistent and has questionable character issues. He tends to be lazy and unmotivated, although when his head is right he's a bruiser. Not worth a 1st by any stretch of the imagination.

Way to call the defense, GREGGO!

I wonder if he came into Washington beating his chest the way he did here? "I don't care what happened last year, my Tenessee defense was #1 in the league."

Man, that guy was such a tool.

Glad he got Gray too. The scum also rises.

Way to call the defense, GREGGO!

I wonder if he came into Washington beating his chest the way he did here? "I don't care what happened last year, my Tenessee defense was #1 in the league."

Man, that guy was such a tool.

Glad he got Gray too. The scum also rises.

753313[/snapback]

Yes, the scum sank to the bottom didn't it ! Kind of scary to watch tho, our guys have to deal with that well oiled machine in two weeks !

Yes, the scum sank to the bottom didn't it ! Kind of scary to watch tho, our guys have to deal with that well oiled machine in two weeks !

753324[/snapback]

Hot damn, only two more weeks to go???!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

All I know is that the Redskins will be giving the Broncos their 1st round pick next year (and a high one at that) for TJ Duckett. :devil:

753147[/snapback]

Did the skins really trade away another 1st round pick?

That seems to be their motif.

Albeit, it is the preseason but a 41-0 trouncing suggests two possibilities to me.

Either the Pats are much better than I thought and have mucho depth at all positions.

Or for some reason the score was run up. I doubt that however as Belichik is not known as one to run up the score.

I'll admit I'm worried for week 1 but then again I think a 7-9 finish is most probable for this team with the following year being outstanding.

I'm not a negative nancy though, I see good things in the future for Buphalo.

Albeit, it is the preseason  but a 41-0 trouncing suggests two possibilities to me.

Either the Pats are much better than I thought and have mucho depth at all positions.

Or for some reason the score was run up.  I doubt that however as Belichik is not known as one to run up the score.

I'll admit I'm worried for week 1 but then again I think a 7-9 finish is most probable for this team with the following year being outstanding.

I'm not a negative nancy though, I see good things in the future for Buphalo.

The Redskins are going to be a hurting team, at least on offense. Portis being out and Brunell being at the end are NOT good combos.

And I was a little off. If the Redskins finish with a worse record than the Broncos, the teams swap 1st rounders and the Broncos get the Redskins' 3rd rounder. If the Broncos finish worse, they get the Redskins' 3rd and 4th round picks. So it looks like the Broncos will be picking him next draft and have a 3rd rounder to boot. All for trading a guy who wasn't going to play for them anyway. Nice.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/...4937878,00.html

THe scary thing is that Greggo is almost God like here. He is a real media darling, and the locals believe that they got a steal when Synder overpaid for him.

The media reported he got 7 calls for HC positions at the end of last season, and Synder outbid them to keep his services. I cannot wait till they realize the Emperor has no clothes.

THe scary thing is that Greggo is almost God like here.  He is a real media darling, and the locals believe that they got a steal when Synder overpaid for him.

The media reported he got 7 calls for HC positions at the end of last season, and Synder outbid them to keep his services.  I cannot wait till they realize the Emperor has no clothes.

753777[/snapback]

I wonder how many Cleveland fans said the same thing when Belichick got his second chance at becoming a head coach. Probably as many as there were Raider fans who laughed about that Shanahan guy getting a second chance, too.

Yes it is preseason. Yes, you wear rose coloured lenses, the glass is half full. Yes, it's not about winning but evaluating your talent, depth and to play situations "live" rather than against a team-mate.

What do you make of the 41-0 scoreline, noting the aforementioned.

Washington suck, or week 1 is going to be The Test we knew when the schedule was announced?

Gee, I'm glad the Skin's faithful got to see Todd Collins throw 1 pass...

G  GS Att Comp  %    Yd  Yd/ Att Lg  Td INT Tkld  20+40+ Rate

1997 Buffalo Bills 14 13 391 215    55.0 2367 6.05    77 12 13 39/278 27  9    69.5

This was Todd's 3rd season stats that saw him go nowhere but out of Buffalo to KC clipboard holder...Losman's in his 3rd year... hmmm

753076[/snapback]

I didn't see the game, but I have an erie suspicion that Bruschi somehow affected the outcome of the game.

THe scary thing is that Greggo is almost God like here.  He is a real media darling, and the locals believe that they got a steal when Synder overpaid for him.

The media reported he got 7 calls for HC positions at the end of last season, and Synder outbid them to keep his services.  I cannot wait till they realize the Emperor has no clothes.

753777[/snapback]

I don't understand the GW bashing in this thread. He was incompetent as a HC but has done well as DC prior to and after his Bills stint. He also was a gentleman and there is no real reason for us to attack him.

Heck, we looked like world-beaters when we opened the season thrashing NE 38-0 a couple of years back but look what happened to our season. Several teams have utterly bafflingly pathetic performances. I am actually happy that NE won so handily as it gives them more reason to be over-confident going into the regular season and more opportunity for us to beat them.

I wonder how many Cleveland fans said the same thing when Belichick got his second chance at becoming a head coach.  Probably as many as there were Raider fans who laughed about that Shanahan guy getting a second chance, too.

753784[/snapback]

That's just retarded.

That's just retarded.

753843[/snapback]

How insightful, Joseph.

I'm not saying the guy won't fail a second time around. I'm also not saying that I KNOW for a FACT that he will.

I lived in Erie surrouded by many Browns fans who would gladly hang Belichick in effigy just like we would do to Gregg Williams. They were just as passionate about seeing him run out on a rail, and were just as wrong about his chances to improve on his stint in Cleveland in another location.

Bottom line: time will tell.