FYI: This year's patdown routine.

DieHardFan

Didn't see it mentioned yet and was not included in the Bills emails or site list but I was allowed to bring my camera bag in last week. Extra batteries also. Have to open it and remove camera but nice to have the bag especially during the shower.

They are doing a full leg search this year though so the flask in the sock trick is not a sure thing anymore.

Anyone else get treated differently?

I went to a Chiefs/Broncos game at Aarowhead stadium two years ago and even with the Patdowns I was able to sneak in 7 budlights. My buddies and I didn't want to pay $9 a beer so we decided to sneek in our own. I had 3 and my two friends each had two.

As we approached the gate one of my friends said, "Oh sh--, they are patting people down". They wanted to ditch their beers but I wasn't going to stand for that so I decided to try and get them all in myself. Two in each pocket, two in the belt line and one in my beanie (my hat was in the shape of a beer as I walked in.

They patted down my legs (right over the beers) and didn't say a word; nor did anyone say about the obvious beer I had in my hat. Moral of my story: if Buffalo is anything like KC don't worry about what they tell you can't bring in.

I went to a Chiefs/Broncos game at Aarowhead stadium two years ago and even with the Patdowns I was able to sneak in 7 budlights.

752036[/snapback]

There's no shame in drinking cheap beer, but when you re-tell the story you should upgrade it to something better. :P

There's no shame in drinking cheap beer, but when you re-tell the story you should upgrade it to something better.  :w00t:

752044[/snapback]

We Saint Louisans aren't and never will be ashamed of drinking any A. Bush products, except Tequiza ;)

Historically they are a little more lenient in the preseason.

752037[/snapback]

hmmmmmm.....7 of my buddies last year were thrown out for sitting on the backs of the seats with nobody behind us.....they allow a lot more during the regular season

No leg search on me, maybe because I'm not ordinary rif-raf and can use the suite/club ticket gate.

752026[/snapback]

Snobbery at it's finest! :w00t:

Gate 3 for me, but the camera bag I suspect will not be allowed so to die hard fan I want to ask, especially since you had extra batteries, what would you have done if they said you can't bring the bag in? Take it back to car or chuck it?

Snobbery at it's finest!  :w00t:
I wish I could afford to pay a king's ransom to sit with a roomful of football illiterate, golf clapping wannabees (the real money sits in boxes) but I'll suffer in Row 1 with my view impeded by those damn cheerleaders and the opposing team's kickers. Maybe when I get reborn as a wimp. (Nothing personal Jack just my routine rant when guy's try to tell me how much they love the suites. I usually feel sorry for them because you can tell they'd rather be with the 'riff-raff" but the bosslady demands suite seats.)
Gate 3 for me, but the camera bag I suspect will not be allowed so to die hard fan I want to ask, especially since you had extra batteries, what would you have done if they said you can't bring the bag in? Take it back to car or chuck it?

752067[/snapback]

Actually got it in every game last year but always as my 12x12x12 bag so I had to carry camera and equipment in a plastic bag then transfer afterwards. Had to try a few different 'patters' a few games especially towards the end of the season. (Watch out for the plump manish female at gate 7, she always called it a camera bag and is a PITA period.)

hmmmmmm.....7 of my buddies last year were thrown out for sitting on the backs of the seats with nobody behind us.....they allow a lot more during the regular season

752065[/snapback]

I'm talking at the gates. One guy told me 3 years ago that my clear backpack could go in for the preseason games but once the regular season started it would not be allowed. Of course now it's "no backpacks regardless of their transparency". They also allow my son to bring in his football during the preseason but not regular season.

I wish I could afford to pay a king's ransom to sit with a roomful of football illiterate, golf clapping wannabees (the real money sits in boxes) but I'll suffer in Row 1 with my view impeded by those damn cheerleaders and the opposing team's kickers.  Maybe when I get reborn as a wimp. (Nothing personal Jack just my routine rant when guy's try to tell me how much they love the suites.  I usually feel sorry for them because you can tell they'd rather be with the 'riff-raff" but the bosslady demands suite seats.)

Actually got it in every game last year but always as my 12x12x12 bag so I had to carry camera and equipment in a plastic bag then transfer afterwards.  Had to try a few different 'patters' a few games  especially towards the end of the season. (Watch out for the plump manish female at gate 7, she always called it a camera bag and is a PITA period.)

752098[/snapback]

No suites for me either! Although I will not give up my Van Miller seats! :w00t:

Sec. 235 row 9. saw Van last week actually and he looked good until he got up and walked. He had a buddy helping him along for the walk. But his voice was as strong as I have ever heard from him which was cool and took away some of the poor Van feeling I had. Despite calling games that were different than what I was seeing on the field, for the last few years of his run anyways. Last Friday night he was very coherent. I was glad to see that in him. He is not rotting away. He looked pretty damn good and sounded fantastic, but the walking thing, well I should be so lucky to get anywhere near his age and be coherent as he and I would consider myself a lucky man.

I posted something before regarding the pat down and now that you mention it, I think it was a plump (not manish though) female at gate 7 that drew my venom as she was lollygagging and enjoying the whole patting down of every man thing while I was just getting more and more pissed watching her perform her little carny sideshow because the F'n game was on!

No leg search on me, maybe because I'm not ordinary rif-raf and can use the suite/club ticket gate.

752026[/snapback]

Hmmmmmm!! We both use the same gate for the club. They must have brought in someone else when we went through. The dude gave me a thorough patdown, then said I couldn't bring in an old VHS camera bag that I had my binoculars in. Pulled out the binoculars, showed him the empty bag and still he said no-go. Wife sails through with a hand bag-they never checked-that I could fit three of my guns in. Crazy, crazy system. The jerks are checking all (OK most, except Jack of course ;) ) the guys pretty good and it will probably turn out to be some crazed lunatic female smuggling in Anthrax or another bio agent in the joint to kill us all.

This isn't about terrorism, this is about stopping people from bringing in booze and I don't even drink the stuff. This whole pat- down thing is about money. If they want any semblance of security, do like the airports, walk through metal detectors, x-ray all bags, take off your shoes (this will go over really big with a foot of snow on the ground) and have all girls strip down to their bras and panties :w00t:

Just f-en goofy Atlas Shrugged... the whole system is upside down....sigh

Didn't see it mentioned yet and was not included in the Bills emails or site list but I was allowed to bring my camera bag in last week.  Extra batteries also. Have to open it and remove camera but nice to have the bag especially during the shower.

They are doing a full leg search this year though so the flask in the sock trick is not a sure thing anymore.

Anyone else get treated differently?

751997[/snapback]

Well, looks like we'll have to go back to the old "flask in the bungus trick".

I wish I could afford to pay a king's ransom to sit with a roomful of football illiterate, golf clapping wannabees (the real money sits in boxes) but I'll suffer in Row 1 with my view impeded by those damn cheerleaders and the opposing team's kickers.  Maybe when I get reborn as a wimp. (Nothing personal Jack just my routine rant when guy's try to tell me how much they love the suites.  I usually feel sorry for them because you can tell they'd rather be with the 'riff-raff" but the bosslady demands suite seats.)

752098[/snapback]

I don't care for the suite behind us, they leave their window open with the AC cranking right on the backs of our necks.

No suites for me either! Although I will not give up my Van Miller seats!  :w00t:

Sec. 235 row 9. )

752112[/snapback]

You're a few sections down from me, sec 238, row 15.

Hmmmmmm!! We both use the same gate for the club. They must have brought in someone else when we went through. The dude gave me a thorough patdown, then said I couldn't bring in an old VHS camera bag that I had my binoculars in. Pulled out the binoculars, showed him the empty bag and still he said no-go. Wife sails through with a hand bag-they never checked-that I could fit three of my guns in. Crazy, crazy system. The jerks are checking all (OK most, except Jack of course  ;) )

752116[/snapback]

I got their about 15 minutes before kickoff, I know you usually go in when the gates open, maybe that's the difference. Could have been a different person. The woman doing pat downs, spent about 5 minutes trying to see if a woman's purse was okay based on size or something she had in it.

i think the pat downs are over kill . all some one has to do is park a car close to gate 4 and blow it up when the rush is on and they gould take out hundreds or walk up into the mix of people and boom . that scares me more than some one coming into the stadium . the other thing is how would they stop a small plane from crashing into the stands ?

i think the pat downs are over kill . all some one has to do is park a car close to gate 4 and blow it up when the rush is on and they gould take out hundreds or walk up into the mix of people and boom . that scares me more than some one coming into the stadium . the other thing is how would they stop a small plane from crashing into the stands ?

752202[/snapback]

Jesus Christ...stop with that bull crap. You're more likely to die getting hit by a drunk driver on the way home.