Need Your Help

Only got a nibble on the Sabres board, so hope you all can give me a mouthful.

I am looking for good restaurants in the Lewiston, Falls area, and across the bridge in nearby Canada.  I expect to be spending a considerable amount of time in those environs.

Thanks.

751785[/snapback]

Wow read that part and almost mistook the whole post.

I am looking for good restaurants in the Lewiston, Falls area, and across the bridge in nearby Canada.  I expect to be spending a considerable amount of time in those environs.

Thanks.

751785[/snapback]

Well I can speak for Lewiston,

Waterstreet Landing right on the River -Little more a a dressy place, good food and great spot for drinks

Apple Granny's - Casual Restaurant,

The Steelhead - Little more of a dressy place, good food

Casa Antica (Good Italian)

Good Bar: The Brickyard

Hope it helps

Both my parents are from the falls so we go there for Chrismas and Easter every year. Anyway here are the places we have been going since I can remember.

The Como 2220 Pine Ave + 23rd St in the Falls. Some of the best Italian I have ever had and I've been all over the country.

I could leave it at that but, if you play along with the (owner?) he will take you on a tour. This place is hilarious! Sound proof rooms, and even the "real" location of Jimmy Hoffa! There is actually 4 levels of basement! Yeah this place is all mob, all day. Just understand that if you embark on this "tour" the guy is kinda losing it - dimentia. You may be there for an hour! However, it is interesting - and kinda sick. It's time to leave when he starts telling you how various "hits" went down over the years.

Based on the pictures alone, this place used to be hugely important as a meeting place for the mob, which in and of itself, should not overshadow how good the food is.

John's Flaming Hearth 1965 Military Rd, Niagara Falls

Killer steaks - killer everything actually a bit of a drive from downtown but worth it.

Honey's Pizza 2626 Pine Ave, Niagara Falls

Great pizza wings/sports bar. It is what it is but the food is good.

Polish Nook 2242 Cudaback Ave, Niagara Falls

Great Polish food that rivals my grandmother. She goes with us and tells us it's good so it must be great. Not much of a risk in terms of ethnic food - it's not like taking a first timer to an Indian place. It's good food, pretty cheap and cool.

There are more, but these are my favorites. There is a bunch of chain restaurants all over as well. Go to any of the addresses listed above and you will see them. As far as Canada goes - I go there to drink not to eat :P

The Como in the Falls is a decent restaurant (big portions, fun place)...but, their regular red sauce may be some of the worst you can find in the Falls. Their lasagna is inedible. If you go to the Como, stick to the cacciatore sauce. (I used to work there and know the owners well. Until he moved to Fla last month, my dad ate lunch there at least once a week, but wouldn't eat their sauce.)

A MUCH better bet is Fortuna's on 19th st and Forest (not far from the Como). A really good Italian restaurant that does just about everything well. Joe Fortuna does a great job here. Tell him Brian Fiori sent you.

'

Johns Flaming Hearth closed, I believe.

Honey's just sucks and should be avoided at all costs. It has, perhaps, the worst pizza in the city. Across the street from Honey's is Judi's lounge. A good place to watch a Bills game. Real good wings and it's pretty cheap.

The best pizza in WNY is LaHacienda on Pine avenue and 31st (or so). Their food is decent, as well.

Next door to LaHacienda is Michaels. Good cheap basic Italian food. Many people LOVE this place (my mother, for example). I think it's OK. The pizza at LaHacienda is FAR better, IMO.

At some point in time you MUST get a steak and cheese sub at Viola's. The original location on Elmwood is best, but the one on Military (near Honey's and Judi's) is fine. It's not a Phily cheesesteak 9and doesn't pretend to be)...it's FAR better.

The Falls is a goldmine for the quick slice of pizza. I recommend Mr. Ventry's on Pierce (and 22nd, perhaps). The little square slices are usually already made and hot from the oven. About a buck a slice. They are open very late (3am or so) so they're good to know when you have a buzz on.

Another interesting slice joint is Pizza Oven (The Pizza with the Big Secret) on Niagara St and 19th, They have limited hours.

One place people will recomment is Pete's Market House on Pine and 17th (or so). It's pretty good and VERY cheap. But, it's not GREAT. Still, a good value, though.

PM me when you're there and I can give you more leads and info.

Thanks.

751785[/snapback]

Take a ride up to 'Niagara on the Lake'. A place called 'The Buttery'. They had the best Fish-n-Chips I have ever had.

Thanks.

751785[/snapback]

The Keg in the Embassy Suites in NF Ont. Fantastic views, great food and terrific ambience. Can be a little noisy at times though.

Someone mentioned fish and chips at Niagara On the Lake.

Anywhere in Ontario that serves Halibut and chips is a good bet ;)

Sadly I can't find any in Niagara Falls and sometimes travel to St. Catherines for Halibut and chips which is a deluxe fish fry :w00t:

Thanks.

751785[/snapback]

Take the extra 20-25 minutes and drive to DownTown Buffalo. There are dozens of great palces to eat. From the small hole in the wall to $50-100 dollars a plate places.