Keep Talking Mr. Nagin

Chilly

A lot of it was having to do with changing construction techniques and materials from what I recall.

But its cool, government = bad, I got it.

752385[/snapback]

Yes, we went over this one - two month delay in 2005. How about the three years between 2002 and 2005? How about the time between the cornerstone laying on July 4, 2004 and now?

And if you think that you're going to scoff it off by a trite audition for The Apprentice, the AD Edition, you're mistaken. We're not taking about a generic government, but a little entity that is NYS & NYC politics.

But, then you'll finally be able to tell me how security and structural concerns for Freedom Tower would be drastically different than WTC 7 (which for the Internet deaf is ALREADY STANDING AND TAKING TENANTS)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we went over this one - two month delay in 2005.  How about the three years between 2002 and 2005?  How about the time between the cornerstone laying on July 4, 2004 and now? 

But, then you'll finally be able to tell me how security and structural concerns for Freedom Tower would be drastically different than WTC 7 (which for the Internet deaf is ALREADY STANDING AND TAKING TENANTS)

752391[/snapback]

Circles are fun!

This is going to come down to whether I believe the media or you, apparently, so I'm not sure its worth talking about anymore.

Circles are fun!

This is going to come down to whether I believe the media or you, apparently, so I'm not sure its worth talking about anymore.

752397[/snapback]

It's ok to believe the media, especially the invisible one, since that's the proof that you've provided about the cause of the delays.

Still waiting.

Circles are fun!

752397[/snapback]

hmm, believe the media. Each of the major news outlets are subsidiaries of large global megacorporations, each with their own vested interests in making good news for themselves.

or believe some assclown on a message board you've never met in person

is there an option C? :w00t:

It's all the big bad, government's fault. Don't blame private businesses who are always knights in shining armor, looking out for their customers' interests. Insurance companies, particularly, are gleaming isles of righteousness.

Linky Thing.

With private companies, no money is ever wasted on administrative costs, corruption, 30% of pure profit (when a grocery store is really happy to clear 2%) from the $80B, etc.

Blame the guy who puts his foot in his mouth. Blame the homeowners who should be expected to clean and rebuild their homes w/o the money to pay for it. Yes, this is productive.

I think he's right. If New York was emotionally ready to move on, the hole wouldn't be there any more. When the time is right, something will take the place of the WTC.

NO arguably was just as traumatized and should be given the same consideration.

I wonder though whether charitable donations and government subsidies to rebuild NO come anywhere near that of NYC? I am not going to argue need, or deservedness, but I know that there are still charities actively soliciting donations for 9/11 victims/families (FedEx is one). I haven't seen that for New Orleans.