You know you're in the south when...

Ramius

In the Tallahassee democrat the other day, there was an article with an ad for a nissan dealer in thomasville, GA. The ad went like this:

"Receive a free remington shotgun or rifle with the purchase of any nissan truck", and then this gem:

"An armed driver is a happy driver!"

gotta love the south

The only reason I like Jeb Bush is because he got a law passed that says if you feel that your life is in danger you can blow away the bad guy.

My neighbor has been harassing my wife and son.

I feel threatened.

The only reason I like Jeb Bush is because he got a law passed that says if you feel that your life is in danger you can blow away the bad guy.

I feel threatened.

751449[/snapback]

Governors don't write or pass legislation, legislatures do. Governors "execute" legislation.

I feel threatened.

751449[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more... :P:D

Sure would have taken care of that 14 year old punk meowing at his elderly neighbor!

... And that silly thread.

... And my $.08!

:w00t:

In the Tallahassee democrat the other day, there was an article with an ad for a nissan dealer in thomasville, GA. The ad went like this:

"Receive a free remington shotgun or rifle with the purchase of any nissan truck", and then this gem:

"An armed driver is a happy driver!"

gotta love the south

751447[/snapback]

:P

They give out umbrellas and rain gear here. :D

Where were all the staunch defenders of the second ammendment when that protester was shot with rubber bullets by police? I guess the first ammendment of freedom of speech and the right to peacably assemble is not sacred anymore. :P

One of the best bumper stickers I've ever seen was in the south

Eat more GRITS

Girls Raised In The South

751934[/snapback]

Thats a great way of promoting grits :D

About grits.

I had them for the first time in 98 and I thought it was cream of wheat until I tasted it....I asked the server what this was and she said grits, I then asked, do you put sugar on em to make the grits tastes better..

She says heavens know you put salt pepper and butter on em, I said on cereal?

Anyway I liked them with a pat of butter and a mix of spice.

I then tried fried okra, I liked it.

And a lot of southern and soul food after I moved south.

When I ordered a slice of pee-can pie, I was corrected on the proper pronunciation is pecan pie (puhkhan?..

The best is stonecrabs and gulf shrimp stir fried in butter, oldbay and spicy hot cajun seasonings and deepfried snook filets and grouper sandwiches, baked cobia with mushrooms and scallions, fried pompano, and gator jowls fried.

After a 1/2year in the south I learned what a damn yankee is, a northeast transplant. Hmm southern bells strolling the sugar white beaches along the gulf, I'm hungry :P

About grits.

I had them for the first time in 98 and I thought it was cream of wheat until I tasted it....I asked the server what this was and she said grits, I then asked, do you put sugar on em to make the grits tastes better..

When I ordered a slice of pee-can pie, I was corrected on the proper pronunciation is pecan pie (puhkhan?..

The best is stonecrabs and gulf shrimp stir fried in butter, oldbay and spicy hot cajun seasonings and deepfried snook filets and grouper sandwiches, baked cobia with mushrooms and scallions, fried pompano, and gator jowls fried.

After a 1/2year in the south I learned what a damn yankee is, a northeast transplant. Hmm southern bells strolling the sugar white beaches along the gulf, I'm hungry :P

751947[/snapback]

You really need to look, Karen up again. :w00t:

About grits.

751947[/snapback]

Southern food is the only true regional cuisine this country has. And the **** is good!

You really need to look, Karen up again. :w00t:

751951[/snapback]

:P Actually she was a new yorker who was another damn yankee like you :D

Conch fritter and conch soup, sweet potato pie with pecans with a cuban coffee, and fried mangrove snapper sandwiches, I miss southern food :D

Those cuban cafeterias were real good to, red beans and rice, cuban sandwiches, guanabana pastries, I need to head south this winter soon....Hey eryn I fished off the pier at the tampa skyway bridge and stayed at the sante fee river and silver springs in the ocala area.. The crystal clear water springs in some areas had picnic tables and a designated swimming area and was lit up at night..At night you could watch these fresh water crabs scurry on the bottoms of these 10' deep areas, some of these crabs shells alone appeared to be as round in size as 1 1/2 frisbees, can you eat those? serious.

I married one of the few known descendants of one Jefferson Davis....the first and only president of the Confederacy. (We were divorced before I could bring her back north for the bounty.) Well, the first time I had dinner with her family, I was truly horrified. Some salmon croquets? Sounds good, taste good. Some fried okra? Not bad.... Pear halves with a scoop of mayonaise in the middle topped with shredded cheese and a cherry? Ummmmmm.....BLECH!!!!!!!!!!