Anybody watching Miami vs. Carolina?

The big story for me was the solid play of Miami's defensive interior. It might be aged but that's still a lot of meat in the middle of their DLine and at least at this time of the year they're playing very effectively.

Both teams played first stringers deep into the 3rd quarter....how can either coach assess the bubble players?

751308[/snapback]

3rsd preseason game. Most starters typically play at least a half to gear them up. The final preseason game is for all the scrubs trying to make the last rosters spot.

3rsd preseason game. Most starters typically play at least a half to gear them up. The final preseason game is for all the scrubs trying to make the last rosters spot.

751428[/snapback]

Each team has to cut their roster down next Tuesday. I bet you will see more bubble players getting time to be evaluated for the Bills. That is how Marv runs a team, and I expect he told Jauron the same.

Each team has to cut their roster down next Tuesday.  I bet you will see more bubble players getting time to be evaluated for the Bills.  That is how Marv runs a team, and I expect he told Jauron the same.

751472[/snapback]

Getting your starters ready for the season is much more important than determining who survives 1 more week of practice before being cut on the final cut. I'm sure they have a reasonable idea who isnt going to make it to the final 65, and the 4th preseason game is for sorting out the tough decision of who makes the final roster and who doesnt.

I want to see our starters in there for at least a half to help get them in rhythm.

Getting your starters ready for the season is much more important than determining who survives 1 more week of practice before being cut on the final cut. I'm sure they have a reasonable idea who isnt going to make it to the final 65, and the 4th preseason game is for sorting out the tough decision of who makes the final roster and who doesnt.

I want to see our starters in there for at least a half to help get them in rhythm.

751508[/snapback]

Another post where I get to disagree....but I like how Marv did it...Starters play 2-3 series...then out.

Another post where I get to disagree....but I like how Marv did it...Starters play 2-3 series...then out.

751523[/snapback]

The difference is that Marv had an already well oiled machine going. We still don't. There's a lot of work to be done yet, both on offense (a little more here) and defense.

751523[/snapback]

Gotta agree with Ramius, I bet our guys go a series or two into the third against Cle.; have to build some more continuity with the first unit.

Gotta agree with Ramius, I bet our guys go a series or two into the third against Cle.; have to build some more continuity with the first unit.

751648[/snapback]

On testing the starters versus Cleveland

JAURON:

It is (a test). We anticipate playing most of our starters, not all of them, but most of them through the first half and on into the second and they’ll come out and certainly start the third quarter. We’re looking forward to it from a lot of perspectives, performance wise and conditioning wise, we’ll get a sense of where they are. Though you work awfully hard in practice, it’s never like a game. It’ll be a good one.

Getting your starters ready for the season is much more important than determining who survives 1 more week of practice before being cut on the final cut.

I disagree....I think as important it is for the starters to get some game time, it

is equally important for the Bills to identify their depth behind the starters.....

Injury is part of football and starters are going to get injured in this game. We

want to be able to evaluate in game conditions who those players are going to

be that can replace our starters in case they go down due to injury.

Miami's secondary looks like swiss cheese. From what i've seen in the preseason their secondary is still giving big plays. Their offensive line looks terrible. Bennie Anderson is reported to be about 50lbs. over weight and in bad shape, not being able to take to many reps. In the Carolina game ever play he was being blown into the miami backfield right into the path of Ronnie Brown.