Anybody watching Miami vs. Carolina?

Miami not looking so hot so far....fat Bennie just got bowled over and the "superstar" Ronnie brown got dropped behind the line. Oh and on third down Brown couldn't run away from a middle linebacker...HA Fat bennie just got used again - Tripplett is gonna kill this guy.

Culpepper looks pretty healthy though. Granted, they did show that he is the 3rd highest percentage passer in NFL history and he already threw as many errant passes into the dirt in the first two possessions than Losman did in his first two quarters last week. That is not to say Losman doesn't need work, or bounce passes, but rather than all quarterbacks, even good and great ones do.

That Culpepper to Chambers TD (that got called back) looked pretty solid - he threaded the needle into double coverage

751222[/snapback]

It looked good when it happened live, but on replay you could see that chambers pretty much had Lucas prevented from turning back toward the ball.

Chambers just made a nice catch by the goal line, though....he's a nice player.

Wow, nice return by DeAngelo Williams.  T. McGee is going to tear them up.

751231[/snapback]

Yeah, that guy's got some jets....

Did you have your sugery?

Culpepper looks pretty darn good. He is going to be tough to stop. He has recovered nicely.

Did any of you see the short yardage situation with the QB sneak? We better start thinking about how we are going to stop that. The guy is a load. He is listed at 6-4 and 265 pounds.

I remember when the Canes played UCF when Culpepper was there. The Canes were able to get all kinds of pressure on him, but it was like trying to tackle a tree trunk.

Yeah, that guy's got some jets....

Did you have your sugery?

751232[/snapback]

Yeah I had it yesterday and it went so well they didn't even make me stay the night. I'm moving around a lot better now, just a little sore from the incision. It was way easier than I thought, thanks for asking.

Yeah I had it yesterday and it went so well they didn't even make me stay the night.  I'm moving around a lot better now, just a little sore from the incision.  It was way easier than I thought, thanks for asking.

751242[/snapback]

Good deal....glad it went well for ya.

Culpepper looks pretty darn good.  He is going to be tough to stop.  He has recovered nicely.

Did any of you see the short yardage situation with the QB sneak?  We better start thinking about how we are going to stop that.  The guy is a load.  He is listed at 6-4 and 265 pounds.

I remember when the Canes played UCF when Culpepper was there.  The Canes were able to get all kinds of pressure on him, but it was like trying to tackle a tree trunk.

751241[/snapback]

Question isn't whether he performs well when healthy, it's how long does he remain healthy. One good shot to the knee and his career is over. Of course, we can say the same thing concerning McGahee.

Question isn't whether he performs well when healthy, it's how long does he remain healthy.  One good shot to the knee and his career is over.  Of course, we can say the same thing concerning McGahee.

McGahee is several years out from his triple lig tear. Culpepper is barely 10 months removed.

And the Bills faced a better Carolina defense. I checked the gamebook and Morgan and Diggs played in that game.

Question isn't whether he performs well when healthy, it's how long does he remain healthy.  One good shot to the knee and his career is over.  Of course, we can say the same thing concerning McGahee.

751253[/snapback]

That is pretty much true with any player in the NFL.

That is pretty much true with any player in the NFL.

751264[/snapback]

Only most NFL players aren't running on an already severely damaged knee, the body part most easily injured in football.

Only most NFL players aren't running on an already severely damaged knee, the body part most easily injured in football.

751266[/snapback]

Prior injury or not, I would take Culpepper or Carson Palmer over any QB on our roster.

Every player is one play away from a severe injury. Culpepper has looked pretty darn good in the two games that I have seen him play so far this year.

If we can get TKO to *pop* culpepper hard enough a couple times during the game, we'll win.....he'll cough it up and one of our guys will take it in for six.

One thing is true: with our pursuit-oriented D, somebody has got to cover McMichael. That guy will kill us if he isn't covered well.

Otoh, if we cover McMichael, and, (hey, they can't run, so stopping the run should be easy) if we stop the run, Crowell, TKO and Whitner will get to tee off on Culpepper. Being able to run will not save him due to our team speed. I think both goals are attainable by this defense.

So, yes, there is a better than average chance that Culpepper doesn't finish one or both games against us and you cannot simply chalk that up to wishful thinking.