Terrible news!!!!!!!!

The Poojer

I mean what about the poor plutonians, is anyone taking their feelings into account here? first the plutonians, whos next? the Ballchinians?

I was going to say something about using way too many exclamation points, but then I realized that you used eight and that perfectly represents the number of remaining planets in our solar system.  Bravo!

750663[/snapback]

Astronomers meeting in the Czech capital have voted to strip Pluto of its status as a planet.

The convention decided to strip Pluto of it's title after a second failed urine sample for planet-enhancing steroids.

Pluto denies the allegations and alleges that the samples were tampered with by other orbiting masses, principally the Earth's Moon.

"I've been a planet for 76 years, man and boy," said the outer space object. "I've worked hard to get where I am today and no planet enhancing drugs would change that. Now they want to tell me I am more of a moon to Neptune than a planet of the Sun! It's an outrage!"

In a statement, the Earth's moon said:

"I haven't been within 3,647,240,000 miles of Pluto in many hundreds of years. There is no way I could possibly of tampered with urine samples given by Pluto. I am proud to serve the Earth with night time illumination and it is absurd that anyone would think I would be jealous of Pluto's planetary status. But we must face facts, and in this ever contracting universe be comfortable to call a spade a spade."

The conference continues.

Astronomers meeting in the Czech capital have voted to strip Pluto of its status as a planet.

The convention decided to strip Pluto of it's title after a second failed urine sample for planet-enhancing steroids.

Pluto denies the allegations and alleges that the samples were tampered with by other orbiting masses, principally the Earth's Moon.

"I've been a planet for 76 years, man and boy," said the outer space object. "I've worked hard to get where I am today and no planet enhancing drugs would change that. Now they want to tell me I am more of a moon to Neptune than a planet of the Sun! It's an outrage!"

In a statement, the Earth's moon said:

"I haven't been within 3,647,240,000 miles of Pluto in many hundreds of years. There is no way I could possibly of tampered with urine samples given by Pluto. I am proud to serve the Earth with night time illumination and it is absurd that anyone would think I would be jealous of Pluto's planetary status. But we must face facts, and in this ever contracting universe be comfortable to call a spade a spade."

The conference continues.

750682[/snapback]

I think we need to search Uranus for evidence. :lol:

Bravo, that was funny.

Lousy reasoning, too. The main reason they stripped Pluto of the title "planet" is because its orbit is highly elliptical and passes inside Neptune's, and they've somewhat arbitrarily decided that planets have nearly circular orbits...

...which is stupidly heliocentric reasoning. Of the several hundred extra-solar planets discovered, there's more than a few that have elliptical orbits...thus wouldn't be considered planets, even though they're bigger than Jupiter.