Michael Robinson note

Simon

I've caught some action from a couple '49ers preseason games and liked what I saw from Robinson. He was taking a lot of carries in the 2ndhalf and really looked like he belonged in an NFL backfield. He's packed on some muscle and was displaying some legitimate power that I never really expected to see from him, several times putting some 'backers on their wallets and powering through for 1stdowns and TD's. Even with the added weight he still looks elusive and his vision and smarts are still there. The last time I checked a depth chart to see where he was listed among the RB's, he wasn't even listed at all. But don't let that fool you; I'd bet that not only is he going to stick on their roster and contribute but I wouldn't be surprised to see him carve out a nice little NFL career.

Congrats kid, your hard work and dedication looks like it's really paying off. Be sure to send JoePa a Christmas card.

Robinson looked pretty good; I also like what I've seen from my boy Brad Smith, it just sucks he's a Jet. I lived about a 1/4 mile away from Faurot Field while I attended Mizzou (nextdoor to Derrick Ming) and saw every start Brad Smith made while at Mizzou. That kid is just a football player; he holds 69 NCAA and Big 12 records. Apparently he's making a lot of progress at WR and that 61 yard TD reverse the other night was sick. Anyway I liked our draft a lot and liked the signing of Nance but I would have been praying for Jauron to take Smith if he was around in the 5th (I was also praying they would select Hank Baskett anytime past the 4th, he went undrafted and is my pick for Rookie of the year).Hank Baskett is going to be my "I told you so" for this year (how he went undrafted is beyond me). Good for Robinson, Smith, and Baskett.

Robinson looked pretty good; I also like what I've seen from my boy Brad Smith, it just sucks he's a Jet.  I lived about a 1/4 mile away from Faurot Field while I attended Mizzou (nextdoor to Derrick Ming) and saw every start Brad Smith made while at Mizzou.  That kid is just a football player; he holds 69 NCAA and Big 12 records.  Apparently he's making a lot of progress at WR and that 61 yard TD reverse the other night was sick.  Anyway I liked our draft a lot and liked the signing of Nance but I would have been praying for Jauron to take Smith if he was around in the 5th (I was also praying they would select Hank Baskett anytime past the 4th, he went undrafted and is my pick for Rookie of the year).Hank Baskett is going to be my "I told you so" for this year (how he went undrafted is beyond me).  Good for Robinson, Smith, and Baskett.

750552[/snapback]

Yeah I rememer Smith catching my eye one of the few times Mizzou was on the tube up here. Really knew his way around a gridiron.

So how'd the back surgery go? If you're sitting in a chair right now either stand up or lay down. The sitting position can get uncomfortable real quick on you. Hope things turned out well.

Cya

Yeah I rememer Smith catching my eye one of the few times Mizzou was on the tube up here. Really knew his way around a gridiron.

So how'd the back surgery go? If you're sitting in a chair right now either stand up or lay down. The sitting position can get uncomfortable real quick on you. Hope things turned out well.

Cya

750558[/snapback]

Thanks for asking, couldn't have gone better. I was supposed to stay the night but since I was doing so well I convinced them to let me go home a couple of hours after the surgery. I actually feel better now than I did before the surgery; no more disc fragmentations pressing on those huge nerves. Anyway, a little sore but way easier than expected. Thanks again for your concern and kind words. :lol:

Robinson looked pretty good; I also like what I've seen from my boy Brad Smith, it just sucks he's a Jet.  I lived about a 1/4 mile away from Faurot Field while I attended Mizzou (nextdoor to Derrick Ming) and saw every start Brad Smith made while at Mizzou.  That kid is just a football player; he holds 69 NCAA and Big 12 records.  Apparently he's making a lot of progress at WR and that 61 yard TD reverse the other night was sick.  Anyway I liked our draft a lot and liked the signing of Nance but I would have been praying for Jauron to take Smith if he was around in the 5th (I was also praying they would select Hank Baskett anytime past the 4th, he went undrafted and is my pick for Rookie of the year).Hank Baskett is going to be my "I told you so" for this year (how he went undrafted is beyond me).  Good for Robinson, Smith, and Baskett.

750552[/snapback]

Baskett went undrafted mainly because of concerns of his major back injury while at New Mexico being a hinderance at the pro level. However, I think he's definately going to be a sleeper to keep an eye on this season

Baskett went undrafted mainly because of concerns of his major back injury while at New Mexico being a hinderance at the pro level.  However, I think he's definately going to be a sleeper to keep an eye on this season

750599[/snapback]

Yeah, but that was a few years ago and the kid did play the entire year last year without any injuries; in my mind he would easily have been worth a 3rd rounder and would have been an absolute steal in the 6th or 7th. Maybe I'm a little biased because I saw him torch my Tigers last year in person, that dude had like 12 catches for 210 yards and 3 TDs.