JOSH REED - cut / traded???

djh

Jauron is already setting the table for a good WR to be cut in his last presser. Although JP has hit Reed numerous times, it seems he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

* On JP's int in the last game...it was questioned by the reporter that Reed had an option but didn't execute. In fact, Faulk who know Fairchild's offense better than anyone on the Bills came out & said miscommication error on Reed.

* On the deep slant in vs the Bengles, JP darted it low (the only place to avoid defenders), Reed doesn't come up.

* Vs Texans last year, Reed runs a 5 & out on a 3rd & long. After the play..JP & Reed get in a shouting match from the field to the bench. JP shouldn't have lashed out....but he was pissed.

* Vs Chargers...Buffalo & JP have a tough game. A potential bright spot...JP scrambles to avoid one or two sacks, fires a 40 yarder in to the endzone & dropped. JP hit Reed in the chest.

Many dropped passes & bad routes can not be accepted from one WR. I'd rather have less talent with tight routes & football smarts to be a team player. Reed seems like a good guy & I wish him the best, but, the best thing for the Bills is to move on!!! I'd rather have that WR (white guy) that almost made the team last year....he caught everything thrown his way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave the cap numbers to the experts like Clumpy -- but I don't think the organization is going to be willing to cut a guy they just gave a four year deal to.

Evans, Reed, Parish and Price are all safe. The question is who will the other 2 or 3 (my bet is 3) be?

My guess:

Aiken (he's been playing too good)

Davis (Special teamer will replace losing Fast Freddie)

Wilson (Just makes all the catches and seems to be a favorite of the staff)

Jauron is already setting the table for a good WR to be cut in his last presser.  Although JP has hit Reed numerous times, it seems he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

749804[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean by this since WR position coach Tyke Tolbert is already on record at the start of camp singing Reed's praises specifically as one of the smartest players he ever coached.

Its crowded at WE so who knows who will get cut since I think at least two former NFL vets will need to be cut to get down to a reasonable number, but a lot of the braintrust will have to eat crow if this is Reed in addition to it hitting Ralph in the wallet as he already has paid substantial bonus money to reed for the extension.

Given his ST contribution as a member of the hands team and also he did a little KR work last year there would need to be a stronger case than simply pointing to a few plays to make it likely he gets visited by the Turk.

Now that Holcomb is offically the back-up QB, a role he was signed to be, folks need a new whipping boy.

749871[/snapback]

Reed has been a whipping boy longer than Holcomb has been with the team.

I'll leave the cap numbers to the experts like Clumpy -- but I don't think the organization is going to be willing to cut a guy they just gave a four year deal to.

Evans, Reed, Parish and Price are all safe. The question is who will the other 2 or 3 (my bet is 3) be?

My guess:

Aiken (he's been playing too good)

Davis (Special teamer will replace losing Fast Freddie)

Wilson (Just makes all the catches and seems to be a favorite of the staff)

749805[/snapback]

I don't think Reed's going anywhere either. I agree with your pecking order except I'd put Fast Freddy at #7 instead of Wilson, and I think he just might be 1 of the last 53 to stick... or maybe traded for a low Day 2 pick, he's got exceptional return skills & could help a lot of other teams out.

I say Wilson & Davis are the cuts. I think Fast Freddie is going to be featured as a kickoff return guy. I don't think they'll let McGee do too many of them.

749844[/snapback]

You're not serious Dan, are you? McGee IS the Bills main kickoff return guy!! Freddie will be opposite and teams will try to kick away from McGee, but that's the only reason McGee doesn't get as many chances...

I say Wilson & Davis are the cuts. I think Fast Freddie is going to be featured as a kickoff return guy. I don't think they'll let McGee do too many of them.

749844[/snapback]

am i the only one that thinks J. Freddie.....as a KR is average at best?

Now that Holcomb is offically the back-up QB, a role he was signed to be, folks need a new whipping boy.

749871[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think Holcomb is "officially the backup QB" quite yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure that job will go to Nall - and Holcomb will be 3rd string or, more likely, released. But until then, we can whip on him a bit longer. :devil:

Jauron on Josh yesterday. He ain't going anywhere.

There aren’t any shoo-ins. They’re all fighting. Whatever they do, we have to make judgements on something. I really like Josh. I like his personality, the way he plays, his toughness. Three of his first six or so plays down the field he had knock downs and you don’t see that a lot. That’s big for us.

am i the only one that thinks J. Freddie.....as a KR is average at best?

749903[/snapback]

IMO he's an average KR and a very good PR. Those are two different skills and positions that too often get lumped together. There aren't a ton of players who are good at both. I also think he's a skilled receiver and can do a lot of things on the field in regular season games. If we had a clear #2 and #3 and #4, he could be a valuable little addition, but we don't and Parrish does a lot of the same things as Freddie does, only better. So I don't think he makes the team. But he's a talented player.

I don't think Reed's going anywhere either. I agree with your pecking order except I'd put Fast Freddy at #7 instead of Wilson, and I think he just might be 1 of the last 53 to stick... or maybe traded for a low Day 2 pick, he's got exceptional return skills & could help a lot of other teams out.

749877[/snapback]

I dunno, Rico. I just think there are too many return men on the team for Smith to stick. Parrish will handle punts, McGee KOs, and in a pinch they still have Clements, and Shaud (if he sticks...which I'm unsure of).

I don't know if Smith brings enough to the WR position to justify keeping him as just a return man. Not to say he isn't good, I like him and think he'll get picked up somewhere else, I just think he's the odd man out in Buffalo since the Bills have so many good return men already.

Who knows though. If he sticks over Wilson, I wouldn't be heartbroken.

when it comes to catches and drops ratio during the season, Josh has the highest percentage of catches

take it for what its worth........

I like Josh, If Lee can be the #1........Josh will come into a zone like peerless did

I've read that Josh has the least drops per throws to him, and personally I want him to be on the field a lot possibly even our #2, but there must be something I'm missing, cause whenever I see him on the field I don't see great plays from him or chunkability, chunkliciousness, etc...

I'm not sure what you mean by this since WR position coach Tyke Tolbert is already on record at the start of camp singing Reed's praises specifically as one of the smartest players he ever coached.

749811[/snapback]

Unfortunatley he doesn't catch the ball with his brain. I love his blocking but he has killer drops. he may not drop many, I guess other have worked out the percentages, but the ones he does seem to be huge.

a member of the hands team

749811[/snapback]

I'll take "Irony" to block, Wink...

I've read that Josh has the least drops per throws to him, and personally I want him to be on the field a lot possibly even our #2, but there must be something I'm missing, cause whenever I see him on the field I don't see great plays from him or chunkability, chunkliciousness, etc...

750135[/snapback]

Are you serious? That makes me wonder whether everyone (myself included) magnify JR's dropped balls. If he drops one ball, then everyone immediately thinks, "here we go again." But maybe it hasn't been as big of a problem than we're thinking. :devil:

Are you serious? That makes me wonder whether everyone (myself included) magnify JR's dropped balls. If he drops one ball, then everyone immediately thinks, "here we go again." But maybe it hasn't been as big of a problem than we're thinking.  0:)

750256[/snapback]

Well personally everytime I see him play, believe me, I'm in the same boat as you. But I feel like there has to be something we're missing. Jauron sees more than we do (and I trust his judgement....not like I have a choice) he MUST see something we don't. I hope. :devil: