We lost to a better team...

If we cannot pass-protect for stevestojan, we don't deserve this one. And if Drew in the pivotal moments of the game is going to suffer a brain freeze we may as well have him on the bench spooning up a frosty so he can enjoy it. He did not play a very bad first three quarters -- there were some sparkling moments and some bonehead plays and play-calls. But a team needs its QB most in the fourth, and Drew and the line disintegrated. And we went away from the run -- AGAIN -- when we needed it most. In the meantime,

What was with the TWO third down passes to Moulds where communication was off? Moulds turned in, Bledsoe threw to the sideline. Killer. Henry ran hard and we still are passing on first downs and third and short. McGahee's presence non-existent, two-back sets are a blocking disaster; that can mostly be attributed to McGahee.

Defense: McGee got carved up, so did Wire, as expected. At least McGee can return kicks. But we are EXPOSED in the secondary without our leaders right now. Here's hoping Vincent and Milloy are on their way back, quickly.

Qualifiers:

Refs were like little kids throwing flags today, and it seemed pretty discretionary. Were we that undisciplined? Some of those calls (2nd call on Fletcher, to my mind) were definitely arguable. On the other hand they were NOT calling face mask or much pass int. today.

CBS was awful. The Patriots are good, but Nantz and Simms' lips must be chapped from all the ass-kissing. Meanwhile, I did not hear once that Teague was out of the game, nor were there updates on Jennings' or Vincent's injuries. (the first two do help to explain the absence of any pass-protection whatsoever late in the game...). The offsides penalty on the Pats FG kick was not shown on TV -- anyone at the game to verify it?

Where does this leave us? I don't think the Jets are a better team on paper, but they have a QB -- and a coach -- who have "IT." Personally, I want to see Mularkey calling players out, getting fired up and giving a Herm Edwards-style press conference / speech. It could be the only thing that saves our season. I am REALLY not ready to hold out for a good draft next year given that we don't have a #1 and as of right now Donahoe can't be viewed as hitting 'em out of the park on draft day.