Please help me lambaste mike greenburgh!

I like Marshall Faulk as a player and a person.

However, during an interview on mike and mike this morning greenburgh basically said that

faulk was so influential for being the first running back to also be a good receiver and be a blocker. He opened the door for players like e. james and l. thomlinson.

Please help me remind greenburgh that thurman was a 1000/1000 yard guy before faulk even came into the league!!!! It is ommissions like this that will help keep thurman out of the hall when he deserves to be there.

Please email him:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?storyId=1113601

"What, are you two years old or is your memory sooooo bad that you don't remember Thurman Thomas leading the league in yards from scrimmage 5 consecutive years? Or maybe you don't remember the MNF game where Thomas hurt his ankle during a 2 minute drive and he hopped on one foot and took out a blitzing Miami linebacker?

If you actually claim that it was Faulk that led the way for a catching, running, blocking running back then you are a God damn fool and an ignoramous to boot.

Thurman will be in the Hall of Fame next year and you have no idea who he is. I guess that is what happens when your youth is spent in the Dungeons and Dragons club and not in sports."

"What, are you two years old or is your memory sooooo bad that you don't remember Thurman Thomas leading the league in yards from scrimmage 5 consecutive years?  Or maybe you don't remember the MNF game where Thomas hurt his ankle during a 2 minute drive and he hopped on one foot and took out a blitzing Miami linebacker?

If you actually claim that it was Faulk that led the way for a catching, running, blocking running back then you are a God damn fool and an ignoramous to boot.

Thurman will be in the Hall of Fame next year and you have no idea who he is.  I guess that is what happens when your youth is spent in the Dungeons and Dragons club and not in sports."

748947[/snapback]

Damn.

:flirt:

However, during an interview on mike and mike this morning greenburgh basically said that

faulk was so influential for being the first running back to also be a good receiver and be a blocker. He opened the door for players like e. james and l. thomlinson.

Please help me remind greenburgh that thurman was a 1000/1000 yard guy before faulk even came into the league!!!! It is ommissions like this that will help keep thurman out of the hall when he deserves to be there.

Please email him:

748945[/snapback]

Done deal. I admit, I didn't even hear the show. LOL But I chimed in. I did this in a hurry, so I didnt' even proof what I could say......however, here it is. They'll get the point.

To not even mention Thurman Thomas OR Roger Craig, shows he's a moron.

My email......

I have to laugh at how stupid you sounded this morning on your show. Uninformed isn't even the word to describe your rants as you described Marshall Faulk. Have you ever heard of Thurman Thomas? Thurman lead the league in yards from scrimmage 4 years in a row. Thurman was a back who could change a football game with his running or catching. He was also probably one of the best blocking halfbacks in the history of pro football. His blitz pickup skills were second to none. As a team than was the second most dominant in pro football in a ten year span, Thurman Thomas was the main cog in that K-gun offense. He did everything well. To not mention Thurman or even Roger Craig, you sounded like an idiot this morning

Please email him:

748945[/snapback]

Roger Craig was doing it before Thurman

Please email him:

748945[/snapback]

If you guys really want to have this convo, Roger Craig was actually the guy that started the whole trend to use the running back the way you see today. He was a 1,000/1,000 guy before Thurman Thomas. Half of these guys on the radio shows are idiots. Alot of them don't even do background work on the things they are to talk about. Then they come out and make retarded statements as such. Atleast pay a person whose qualified to do the job. It's like dude is just raping ESPN for their money.

If you guys really want to have this convo, Roger Craig was actually the guy that started the whole trend to use the running back the way you see today. He was a 1,000/1,000 guy before Thurman Thomas. Half of these guys on the radio shows are idiots. Alot of them don't even do background work on the things they are to talk about. Then they come out and make retarded statements as such. Atleast pay a person whose qualified to do the job. It's like dude is just raping ESPN for their money.

748957[/snapback]

Thurman never did a 1000/1000.

Thurman never did a 1000/1000.

748961[/snapback]

I know. He had 3 or 4 years where he had 600-700 yards receiving, but that was it. My statement came out wrong. Throw me into boiling oil :flirt:

748957[/snapback]

Notice my email to them. I mentioned Roger Craig.

Damn, I hit "5" instead of "4"    :devil:

748955[/snapback]

I think it's four. It could have been 5. I didn't have time to look it up. Pisses me off though when Thurman gets dissed like that. Thurman was not only a great runner and receiver......I'm not sure there was a better back at picking up the blitz in the modern football era.

Damn the Bills for not winning ONE fuggin superbowl. Oh well though. Thurman was an awesome, all around back. He also made the Bills a great team for a lot longer of a period than did Marshall Faulk. Period.

lol Doh!

I guess I was so mad I didn't do my research!.

I thought for sure thurman had a 1000/1000 season or two.

Oh well, my heart was in the right place  :devil:

749000[/snapback]

Any good rant always includes one factual mistake or one glaring spelling error.. 0:)

Ok I sent in another:

I understand your enthusiasm in discussing Marshall Faulk as the first of the all around running back. Possessing the blocking, pass catching and running skills that can carry a team, however I think you may be short sighted in you coronation of Faulk as the first to do these things efficiently. Once upon a time, there was a back called Roger Craig who played for the 49ers well before the franchise sunk to its current mess. The west coast offense which was brought to San Francisco from Cincinnati by a coach named Bill Walsh, used this back as a double threat as receiver and running back. He also had the ability to pick up blitz coverage and was an asset to the passing game when blocking. After Roger Craig, a more finely tuned back, Thurman Thomas, played for the Buffalo Bills. He led the league in yards from scrimmage for 5 years straight. His pass catching ability was unsurpassed by any running backs in his era, and his ball running style was solid and punishing. He was one of the main components in propelling the Bills to 4 Super Bowl appearances in the 90's.

The evolution of the all purpose running back did not start with Marshall Faulk, reach back to the previous two decades and you will find the genesis of that type of running back.

OK here is my solution .. we can go back to the 92' season .. take 374 yards away from his rushing total and add it on to his receiving total .. and bam ... we have a 1000/1000 guy.

Think the elias sports bureau would have a problem with doing this??

All kidding aside..

I hope our emails, if nothing else, would go towards changing the thinking of thurman's legacy. I always wonder why he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Is it because he lost his helmet in the super bowl?

His alcohol problems?

His problems with the media?

I wish they would portray him in a more positive light