Iranian talk of an attack on America

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't hear you over the war drums.

749349[/snapback]

I'm not a Warmonger, I don't like to turn on CNN to watch things blow up, and I hate to see our boys shipped off overseas. There does come a point in time however when Radical Fanaticism needs to be met with Brute Force. Its tough to negotiate when you don't speak the same language as the party you are sitting with. We can debate all day long about the levels of diplomacy needed and the inherent causes as to why, generically speaking, the Middle East despises America, but that doesn't address the realism that it is what it is. Developing a rational and comprehensive diplomatic relationship with a nation that dismisses the notion that the Holocaust ever existed is a far-fetched idea. There comes a time when the flash point of the situation boils down to two fundamental choices, us or them. Just don't bring a pen to a knife fight

I'm not a Warmonger, I don't like to turn on CNN to watch things blow up, and I hate to see our boys shipped off overseas.  There does come a point in time however when Radical Fanaticism needs to be met with Brute Force.  Its tough to negotiate when you don't speak the same language as the party you are sitting with.  We can debate all day long about the levels of diplomacy needed and the inherent causes as to why, generically speaking, the Middle East despises America, but that doesn't address the realism that it is what it is.  Developing a rational and comprehensive diplomatic relationship with a nation that dismisses the notion that the Holocaust ever existed is a far-fetched idea.  There comes a time when the flash point of the situation boils down to two fundamental choices, us or them.  Just don't bring a pen to a knife fight

749383[/snapback]

So what is your plan with confronting Iran, bomb what? dismantle the gov't? and install a democracy? or what?

So what is your plan with confronting Iran, bomb what? dismantle the gov't? and install a democracy? or what?

749394[/snapback]

If I had a plan for that, I wouldn't be sitting here. I understand that Iran is a unique situation even in the essence that the majority of its citizens are not of Arab decent, rather persian which can serve as a cultural separator from the "traditional" fundamentalists. The last thing the US needs is to dismantle the government and be forced to baby sit another nation as it spirals into civil war. I was merely saying that traditional diplomacy means very little to the powers that be in Iran. They operate on a different frequency than 99% of the Nations.

Naa, its probably, remodel the bathroom, watch youtube, and start drinking beer again. :devil:

Then make it a parking lot. 0:)

749404[/snapback]

The bathroom is fine, not a big youtube fan, I do enjoy beer, and I'd prefer a beachfront resort

If I had a plan for that, I wouldn't be sitting here.  I understand that Iran is a unique situation even in the essence that the majority of its citizens are not of Arab decent,  rather persian which can serve as a cultural separator from the "traditional" fundamentalists.  The last thing the US needs is to dismantle the government and be forced to baby sit another nation as it spirals into civil war.  I was merely saying that traditional diplomacy means very little to the powers that be in Iran.  They operate on a different frequency than 99% of the Nations.

749422[/snapback]

What is your suggestion on how tho deal with Irans nuclear facilities or any other iranian matter that you believe cannot be handled without using brute force?

What is your suggestion on how tho deal with Irans nuclear facilities or any other iranian matter that you believe cannot be handled  without using brute force?

749435[/snapback]

send Lexington Steele to Iran and anally rape every potential terrorist

What is your suggestion on how tho deal with Irans nuclear facilities or any other iranian matter that you believe cannot be handled  without using brute force?

749435[/snapback]

I suggested brute force in response to the article on which this thread was posted. The current situation I believe should be addressed as follows: Since Iran looks to be attempting a certain level of international dialogue on the matter, that avenue should be examined. However, covertly, the US/UN should maintain a strong presence in the flow of Uranium and related materials coming from Africa, as well as restrict the flow of technology that is available to the Iranians. Being able to enrich Uranium for weapons grade material appears to be a question of when, not if. Limiting the technology that would enhance the missile platform capabilities looks to be the appropriate course of action for the meantime. As far as the regime is concerned, the world needs to place such downard pressure on the government so that Iran doesn't play tag along to North Korea.

I suggested brute force in response to the article on which this thread was posted.  The current situation I believe should be addressed as follows:  Since Iran looks to be attempting a certain level of international dialogue on the matter, that avenue should be examined.  However, covertly, the US/UN should maintain a strong presence in the flow of Uranium and related materials coming from Africa, as well as restrict the flow of technology that is available to the Iranians.  Being able to enrich Uranium for weapons grade material appears to be a question of when, not if.  Limiting the technology that would enhance the missile platform capabilities looks to be the appropriate course of action for the meantime.  As far as the regime is concerned, the world needs to place such downard pressure on the government so that Iran doesn't play tag along to North Korea.

749446[/snapback]

The old ironfist wrapped in a velvet glove approach sounds reasonable..

I'm not defending Iran, I am looking at their counter-attack capabilities if we drop the hammer.

The old ironfist wrapped in a velvet glove approach sounds reasonable..

I'm not defending Iran, I am looking at their counter-attack capabilities if we drop the hammer.

749450[/snapback]

Our Israeli allies would feel the full brunt of that counter attack. The true threat of Iran to the mainland US from conventional forces is virtually negligible.

Our Israeli allies would feel the full brunt of that counter attack.  The true threat of Iran to the mainland US from conventional forces is virtually negligible.

749451[/snapback]

Not only israel, but Iraq, the strait of hormuz and oil production in saudi arabia.

There are reports of Hizb'Allah in the U.S.

As far as the regime is concerned, the world needs to place such downard pressure on the government so that Iran doesn't play tag along to North Korea.

749446[/snapback]

Too late.

749394[/snapback]

To quote John Valby :

"Bomb, bomb, bomb.. Bomb, bomb Iran!

Bomb, bomb, bomb.. Bomb, bomb Iran!.... :lol::devil: