Man, Miami has some SERIOUS beef on the D-Line!

Tipster19

If we got as big of a problem on our O-Line as some are believing then it might be a long year for us when we play the Dolphins. We could stand to use one of their cast-offs. Kevin Vickerson looks pretty good, I wonder if he gets the boot. His bio seems like he could be the caliber of player that Marv seems to favor.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/depth_chart.asp

As much as I hate to give those Choads credit I was watching the Bucs/Fish preseason game and Dan Wilkinson was running through Tampa's first string line. The sack he put on Chris Simms was more like a WWF Power Bomb and right now he's listed as 4th string on that line. Hope thats not JP or whoever the hell is taking the snaps in week 2.

color me unimpressed about the dolphins dline especially their dt's. Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor are due for social security. Jeff zgonia, Dan Wilkinson might be ok as reserves, but big daddy is far past his prime, and not much to brag about. Personally Im more impressed with Fredrick Evans then Vickerson for the fins, but I wouldn't care for either one.

I watched a good portion of the Dolphins game against the Bucs. Those old geezers looked pretty good in that heat in Tampa.

I wish we still had some of our old geezers on our team (Pat, Ted, and/or Sam)

I watched a good portion of the Dolphins game against the Bucs.  Those old geezers looked pretty good in that heat in Tampa.

I wish we still had some of our old geezers on our team (Pat, Ted, and/or Sam)

748856[/snapback]

ted washington was awful last year, as was sam adams. Pat Williams was good, but I'll take the lighter guys who could probably last a whole season, not to mention its much harder to block faster interior linemen then it is fat blimps.

ted washington was awful last year, as was sam adams.  Pat Williams was good, but I'll take the lighter guys who could probably last a whole season, not to mention its much harder to block faster interior linemen then it is fat blimps.

748860[/snapback]

I do not specifically recall seeing Ted play last year. I thought that Sam was fine -- when they allowed him to play his game.

By the way, it looks like fat Pat is now one of the Vikings captains. He was out there for the coin toss at the beginning of their last game.

ted washington was awful last year, as was sam adams.  Pat Williams was good, but I'll take the lighter guys who could probably last a whole season, not to mention its much harder to block faster interior linemen then it is fat blimps.

748860[/snapback]

I thought Sam Adams played pretty well last year also, when he was allowed to play. Tim Anderson was awful. Pat Williams might have been the best DT in the NFL last year IMO; wish we still had Phat Pat.

I thought Sam Adams played pretty well last year also, when he was allowed to play. Tim Anderson was awful. Pat Williams might have been the best DT in the NFL last year IMO; wish we still had Phat Pat.

748890[/snapback]

Sam Adams was good when he felt like being good. I just felt he half assed it last season. He's not paticularly good against the run, but when he wants to be a force at collapsing the pocket he can be, but its just that kind of attitude I dont want to see. Whether it was the coaches holding him back or whatever. His attitude put me off, and I wont really miss him, but yes I also wish we still had fat pat.

color me unimpressed about the dolphins dline especially their dt's.  Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor are due for social security. Jeff zgonia, Dan Wilkinson might be ok as reserves,  but big daddy is far past his prime, and not much to brag about.  Personally Im more impressed with Fredrick Evans then Vickerson for the fins, but I wouldn't care for either one.

748830[/snapback]

I agree, half those players are too slow or will be hurt by the time we play them. Miami is the most overrated team by the media this year. God, I hope Culpepper is ready by the time we play them. Guarantee win as long as we don't turn the ball over more than he will.

Williams did fine without Adams.  Rogers will do fine without Wilkinson, not that the Lions' rush defense could get much worse.

749101[/snapback]

2005:

Rogers: 39 total, 29 solo, 10 assists, 5.5 sacks

Wilkerson: 26 total, 20 solo, 6 assists, 3 sacks.

13 more tackles/assists and 2.5 sacks for Rogers. Wilkerson held up his end of the bargain. What's not quantifiable is whether teams chose to run at Rogers instead of Wilkerson, or if Wilkerson's presence gave Rogers breathing room. We would have to watch a lot of Lions games to figure that out.

The bills DL is going to be smaller on most NFL Sundays this year but that is the idea......deploy smaller quicker DT's in a rotation (so that the big OL cannot wear them down) beat the bigger OL off the snap wear them out and by the 4th quarter take over the game physically......

To me the makeup of this team on the lines is to win games in the 4th quarter

The bills DL is going to be smaller on most NFL Sundays this year but that is the idea......deploy smaller quicker DT's in a rotation (so that the big OL cannot wear them down) beat the bigger OL off the snap wear them out and by the 4th quarter take over the game physically......

To me the makeup of this team on the lines is to win games in the 4th quarter

749181[/snapback]

Yeah, if we are able to stay in the game thru the 1st,2nd,and 3rd quarters first. :devil:

They have gone against to playoff O lines so far in preseason.....and have done pretty well.

749217[/snapback]

I watched the cincy game. Triplett and Williams both looked pretty good. Only one sack by Bflo, but Williams was putting the pressure on, and might have had one or two more if qbs Wright and Johnson hadn't used their vet savvy to dump the ball.