Snakes On A Plane

Chilly

There's lots of other movies that are fun and enjoyable by all, yet they're not hyped to death by the media...  That's the part I don't get - everywhere you turn, you hear about this stupid movie.

746218[/snapback]

Most of those movies also didn't catch a buzz on the internet while they were in production, causing them to go back and add to the movie to bump its rating up to R.

<_<

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of those movies also didn't catch a buzz on the internet while they were in production, causing them to go back and add to the movie to bump its rating up to R.

<_<

746261[/snapback]

Which circles back to my initial question - why the buzz?

There's lots of other movies that are fun and enjoyable by all, yet they're not hyped to death by the media...  That's the part I don't get - everywhere you turn, you hear about this stupid movie.

746218[/snapback]

I'm thinking think movie sucks which explains why it needs all of the hype before it even comes out.

746319[/snapback]

because some people do not get it and keep asking thus perpetuating the buzz. Like the poster said- its about mother!@#$ing snakes on a mother!@#$ing plane!

746319[/snapback]

Its just gonna be a fun, silly movie that is enjoyable by all.

It's not going to be a great piece of work, but its one of those films that doens't take itself too seriously. It just tries to be fun, and have snakes, on a plane, with Sam Jackson yelling.

The media is just picking up on the internet popularity.

I'm thinking think movie sucks which explains why it needs all of the hype before it even comes out.

746320[/snapback]

Its got a 72% on rotten tomatoes right now, not too shabby at all.

Everyone that's seen it on IMDB so far has liked it, and after 1528 votes, its up to 8.2.

Lots of people that are posting on the forums said they dispised the whole idea of seeing the movie, but after they went they really enjoyed it.

Like I said: Just purely fun entertainment, not trying to be bigger then life, but just make you forget about life for a couple hours and enjoy seeing Samuel L beat up on some mother!@#$ing snakes on a mother!@#$ing plane!

In comparison, World Trade Center got a 70%, X-men a 57%, Pirates 2 a 53%.

Its just gonna be a fun, silly movie that is enjoyable by all.

746335[/snapback]

Only if you see it in a packed theater. The movie itself sucked beyond belief, but the drunk 20-somethings in the theater I saw it in last night made it a blast. Hell, this theater was even mentioned in the review of the movie that's on cnn.com right now.

If you do go see this movie, I suggest a few (6+) pre-movie beers.

Only if you see it in a packed theater.  The movie itself sucked beyond belief, but the drunk 20-somethings in the theater I saw it in last night made it a blast.  Hell, this theater was even mention in the review of the movie that's on cnn.com right now.

If you do go see this movie, I suggest a few (6+) pre-movie beers.

746343[/snapback]

I love going to theaters where the crowd gets into the movie. That's the one thing I miss about watching movies at the theaters while in college. I'm not sure if it is still there but there is this run-down theater close to the Oregon State campus that showed movies for very cheap. It was always full of college kids (maybe drunk...not sure..lol) that cheered, clapped, whatever. It was just a fun experience.

I love going to theaters where the crowd gets into the movie.  That's the one thing I miss about watching movies at the theaters while in college.  I'm not sure if it is still there but there is this run-down theater close to the Oregon State campus that showed movies for very cheap.  It was always full of college kids (maybe drunk...not sure..lol) that cheered, clapped, whatever.  It was just a fun experience.

746363[/snapback]

At least 5 times during the movie last night you could hear beer bottles get knocked over on the floor, so you can imagine what this theater was like.

So why is this movie getting SOOO much press?  I don't get it... <_<

745786[/snapback]

Because the title is so ungodly stupid. That's pretty much the only reason.

Nice thing is, you either want to see it, or you don't. The title doesn't really leave much grey area. "Hey, do you want to go see Snakes on a Plane tonight?" "Uhhh...I dunno. What's it about?" Doesn't really work...

Because the title is so ungodly stupid.  That's pretty much the only reason.

Nice thing is, you either want to see it, or you don't.  The title doesn't really leave much grey area.  "Hey, do you want to go see Snakes on a Plane tonight?"  "Uhhh...I dunno.  What's it about?"  Doesn't really work...

747493[/snapback]

Actually, it may very well be the greatest title ever. The title alone could have made it 20 million extra this weekend. I don't think you could ever say that.

Like I said:  Just purely fun entertainment, not trying to be bigger then life, but just make you forget about life for a couple hours and enjoy seeing Samuel L beat up on some mother!@#$ing snakes on a mother!@#$ing plane!

746342[/snapback]

:blush:

The cussing and the gore made a big difference.... would've sucked if this was PG-13.

I love going to theaters where the crowd gets into the movie.  That's the one thing I miss about watching movies at the theaters while in college.  I'm not sure if it is still there but there is this run-down theater close to the Oregon State campus that showed movies for very cheap.  It was always full of college kids (maybe drunk...not sure..lol) that cheered, clapped, whatever.  It was just a fun experience.

746363[/snapback]

Sometimes it was fun... but I can remember getting thrown out of Conan the Barbarian for laughing too loud.

"Contemplate that upon the Tree of Doom!" :blush:0:):)