Jets trade for Kevin Barlow

The UCLA Hicks?  He's still in the league?

748003[/snapback]

I think Skip Hicks is out of the league, the Hicks in question is Maurice Hicks an UDFA the 49ers got two years ago out of North Carolina A&T.

Hicks is the guy who played in NFLE, right?

748062[/snapback]

Yep, that's the guy.

Good move by the Jets. For what looks like it will be a 4th round pick if he has an average year, this will help them tremendously. Between Barlow, Blaylock, and Washington, I think the Jets are inching closer to a .500 season, which may sound like a knock on them, but it is leagues ahead of where they were at last year.

Good move by the Jets.  For what looks like it will be a 4th round pick if he has an average year, this will help them tremendously.  Between Barlow, Blaylock, and Washington, I think the Jets are inching closer to a .500 season, which may sound like a knock on them, but it is leagues ahead of where they were at last year.

748582[/snapback]

Good aquisition by the Jets. As a poster familiar with him noted, he's not a bum.

While some may criticize his style, the fact is he's an experienced vet. Good move by NYJ, IMO.

I agree that I think that it is a decent move for a servicable veteran RB in this league. I had a conversation with a Jet fan about it and they didn't seem to agree with me and thought that the move was horrible. He wants Blaylock and Washington to get a chance.

Jets fans are retarded.

Jets fans are retarded.

748608[/snapback]

:flirt:

Must be...Barlow has a few warts they say, but the 4 or 5 times I've seen him play on tv, he looked like a guy doing the best he could. He might do a bit better with QB Pennington taking snaps, if Penny gets his health squared away. Barlow played with a troubled franchise, weaker than the Jets.