Peerless hasn't just been missing from the offense

KFFL's Hot Off The Wire is reporting that Jon Goldsberry (FB) and Coy Wire (SS) did not practice either.  Though it was citing their injuries as probable excuses.  So given the positions (including WR) and seeing how deep the roster is at those positions, I think it's reasonable to presume that this is the first wave of cuts.

Charles

748083[/snapback]

So, add Eric King to this list too? ...or is it pretty clear he really has a medical condition?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when are the cut dates this year? Didn't this change a bit for this year, or was there just a proposed change (w the rules committee? I can't remember...)?

-----------------------

Edit

Got it: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...=0entry748097

I just saw the other thread where someone answered (thanks, bills#21Iowa).

Nance and Denney, as it stands now, can't even break into third string (and may not even make the PS). Expecting either to emerge as a solid #2 in two weeks is a bit unrealistic.

Aiken is an outstanding #4 WR (especially with his ST skills), but I need to see more from him against first string D's before elevating him further up the WR food chain. He was too quiet against Cincy.

I think Davis has the most potential for being a legit #2 if Price ends up crying himself off the roster, but he's currently having trouble beating out Josh Freaking Reed.

747950[/snapback]

I wish I could have seen either pre-season game. How much time has Price spent actually "in" the game. I read that JP boffed a pass to him against the Bengals but that was about it.

I really don't see him being cut however. 10 million over 4 years is a steep cost to cut someone after 2 pre-season games.

Maybe he's just being a little b_tch.

I wish I could have seen either pre-season game.  How much time has Price spent actually "in" the game. 

748116[/snapback]

I'm in DC so I haven't hada chance to see the Bengal's game.

Price played a lot against the Panthers. He looked like he was running well, but I was not impressed with his blocking or hustle on running plays, or when other receivers had the ball.

He was listed as a starter in the Cinci game. I assume it was just like the Panther's game (wish I could have watched the game).

Maybe Price's contract was largely salary and incentives this year and he freaked out over having no catches.... Whatever's going on, I hope he comes back and gets with the program.

JP doesn't like him...I heard it from a peeping squirrel at SJF...he observed them playing Madden one night -- it got ugly.  Jauron had to do something...Peerless won't be seen or heard from again.

747989[/snapback]

Your sources are that close? Wow. Hey, where's Soprano when you need him. This is better than "The Bold and the Beautiful". I heard he was cycling with Floyd Landis. No not that cycling...THAT cycling :blush:

I'm in DC so I haven't hada chance to see the Bengal's game. 

Price played a lot against the Panthers.  He looked like he was running well, but I was not impressed with his blocking or hustle on running plays, or when other receivers had the ball.

748127[/snapback]

Funny, I didn't get to see much of that game, but I swear, somebody else on the board said the exact opposite about Prices' play, that he was working hard, blocking well, etc etc...not being critical, but I am always amazed how we can all watch the same game, and come away with such different opinions about what we saw...it happens a lot.

Seriously my wife and I were losing it last night when the news of this came on. Its funny because we took out niece out to Chucky Cheese in Blasdell and my wife was asking me what I was starring at. I said I think thats Peerless Price over there. Sure enough it was. Man was shooting ski-ball all night long. So it was the running joke last night that Peerless wasn't impressed with his ski-ball skills so he decided to stay at Chucky Cheese longer. :blush:

Good to hear that it was a mix up because I wondered what the hell could have happened between Sat night at Chucky Cheese and Sunday morning. His wife didn't seem amused so I was wondering if she kicked his butt. 0:)

I don't know all the details but I wouldn't be surprised if Price gets the Ax....Andra Davis has had a better camp, has more upside and plays special teams.

748179[/snapback]

None of that is true in the least.

At this point I'm not sure if letting Peerless go would necessarily be a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was absent from team funstions on purpose. I have never thought highly of his character and he has done little to seperate himself from fast Freddie let alone Sam Aiken. If it weren't for the signing bonus, and the lack of NFL proven recievers on this squad, I say he's a goner. Juaron has shown he's fairly swift and decisive about personell. Could he have seen his last days in Buffalo...again?