Postseason Baseball

gantrules

at least their will be something interesting to watch for a month.....

here are my predictions.

Yanks v. Twins....Twins in 5

Angels v. Sox....Angels in 4

Dodgers v. Cards....Cards in 4

Braves v. Astros....Braves in 5

Twins v. Angels....Angels in 6

Cards v. Braves....Braves in 7

Angels v. Braves WS....Braves in 7.

Go Braves!!!!

hahahaha........thanks for the laugh.  I needed it.

54482[/snapback]

BF....there is nothing outrageous about that post. There isn't one team among the eight that qualified for the postseason who don't have a shot at winning the whole thing. There shouldn't be anything about the postseason that comes as a surprise to anyone. Any team could get swept in the first round, and any team could be getting their fingers sized for World Series rings. Each team has its strengths and weakness. That includes your Cardinals, which means you should find nothing funny about someone predicting an NLCS loss by the Red Birds.

As an Athletics fan I think the Astros could surprise a few people and possibly take it all but it will be a tough series against the Cardinals. If the Angels can get timely hitting like they did a few years ago could beat out the Yankees for the AL pennant. Yet as a a Yankee hater I still can't deny that the Yankees could still take it all if their starting pitching holds up. Right now my gut is saying Astros over Angels in 6 to take the series.

The Yankees will find a way to win the world series.  With all of that talent, it's hard for me to imagine them losing to anyone.  I am looking forward to Boston vs. New York in the ALCS

55069[/snapback]

None of which is on the pitching staff, that is what wins in the playoffs.

yeah and who is shaking over "Yanks are my daddy" Pedro? I have no doubts that Schilling will be dominate but one great pitcher does not a postseason success make.

And for you Yanks fans....FYI Gary is hitting .102 in the postseason over the last two years.

The Angels lineup is just as good...if not better than the Sox and the Twins pitching is much better in a short series than the Yanks.

Lastly, I picked the Astros to go all the way in the preseason....if they can beat the Braves, which I think they have a legit shot of doing, I do think they can win it all.

As far as the Cards BF.....you will have problemo with the Dodgers...but I just can't see you getting out of the second round.

the Twins pitching is much better in a short series than the Yanks.

55301[/snapback]

You have every right to your opinion. Just remember that the Yankees smoked all the twinkies pithcing with the exception of Santana and it's now October. Whole different ballgame. Good luck to all in the playoffs except the Red Sux.. :lol:

Good luck bro....I don't wish doom and gloom on anyone b/c I know firsthand how frustrating the postseason can be.

But, if there is one team I am rooting against it's the Red Sox. And it's not b/c of the Red Sox it's because of the fans.

How can a team be so cocky when in truth they haven't done anything? I just don't get it.

I don't see the Angels and the Twins acting like rebo's and the Angels have actually won a WS.

55188[/snapback]

I totally acknowledge the Yankees have pitching questions, but what I find fastinating is that not many people question the Red Sox rotation: Schilling, no questions there, Pedro? Faded in Sept, still stong, but a ? mark at times....Lowe? LOL, enough said...Wakefield? Great only against the Yankees...Bronson Arroyo? Unproven...

55188[/snapback]

You're right about the pitching. But it's the Yankees and they have history on their side, and a good manager who knows the game very well.

Braves fans get thrown in the same category as you throw Red Sox fans. They have a tough time selling out postseason games when in truth they haven't won a title since 1995. So what if you make it every year???? If you don't win it you are just like the Red Sox.

The Cardinals will have more trouble with LA then they will with Atlanta. I guarantee that. Actually I'm picking a Houston/St. Louis LCS.

Braves fans get thrown in the same category as you throw Red Sox fans.  They have a tough time selling out postseason games when in truth they haven't won a title since 1995.  So what if you make it every year????  If you don't win it you are just like the Red Sox.

The Cardinals will have more trouble with LA then they will with Atlanta.  I guarantee that.  Actually I'm picking a Houston/St. Louis LCS.

55858[/snapback]

You may be in serious trouble if you make it to the LCS and face Houston. Clemens is re-engergized and Houston is VERY hot right now. They have momentum and emotion on their side and StL. has been just kind of trodding along. Could be bad having such a large lead early and just "coasting" into the end. We'll see.

You may be in serious trouble if you make it to the LCS and face Houston. Clemens is re-engergized and Houston is VERY hot right now. They have momentum and emotion on their side and StL. has been just kind of trodding along. Could be bad having such a large lead early and just "coasting" into the end. We'll see.

55894[/snapback]

I agree on both counts. That's why I'm picking Houston to beat Atlanta. I think they beat them rather easily too. Probably 4 games.

I agree on both counts.  That's why I'm picking Houston to beat Atlanta.  I think they beat them rather easily too.  Probably 4 games.

55900[/snapback]

While I never count out any team in the playoffs you're probably right. Atlanta could put up a little fight but they just don't have it anymore. Their division is weak which is why they are always in the playoffs. I only hope that the Yankees starters continue to pitch as well as they have in the last few weeks. I also like Brown coming out of the bullpen.