Don't feel so bad about the Bills

17-3 end of the first half against the Jags in Jacksonville. Like a hot knife through butter...

747581[/snapback]

They're a good team....no doubt.

I'm hoping the seeming lack of a pass rush is the ends playing vanilla and not doing much TO get pressure. I also hope Spikes is back for the opener.

As for the offense, I say go 3-wide, spread the field to give Willis more room to run, and let JP wing it downfield to keep the opposing defense honest. With that, the defense, and ST's, the Bills should be alright.

I'm hoping the seeming lack of a pass rush is the ends playing vanilla and not doing much TO get pressure.  I also hope Spikes is back for the opener.

As for the offense, I say go 3-wide, spread the field to give Willis more room to run, and let JP wing it downfield to keep the opposing defense honest.  With that, the defense, and ST's, the Bills should be alright.

747660[/snapback]

If you watched the game, there is a fair amount of pass rush coming on a consitent basis.

The thing that really hurts when watching Carolina is that the Bills & Carolina were about the same in 2001, with Carolina a little worse, the difference between the 2 teams being a 1 point home victory by the Bills over the Panthers. Then Carolina hired John Fox as head coach, drafted Peppers 2 picks before Mike Williams, signed Jake Delhomme to be their QB, did some other things the Bills didn't, and are now light years ahead of the Bills. Imagine if we hire Fox instead of Gregg Williams and who knows where we are today.

The Bills D is better than people give it credit for, much like expectations were too high for it last year. Climb aboard the roller coaster of expectations.

And other than Fletcher at 31 (two years younger than Bruschi and a thousand years younger than Seau), and Vincent (until Ko takes his spot) this is a very young defense. So this unit is likely to continue to get better. I don't like the term "rebuilding", since we haven't had success to copy in the last couple years, but I think this year's team is a definite "building" team which can be better than expected this year, and lay the foundation for some big winning in the next couple years.

The big question is JP getting consistent, so we can put our QB worries aside and focus on improving other pieces of our team (O-Line) next offseasons. I like this offseason, and I like what Marv is doing.

The thing that really hurts when watching Carolina is that the Bills & Carolina were about the same in 2001, with Carolina a little worse, the difference between the 2 teams being a 1 point home victory by the Bills over the Panthers.  Then Carolina hired John Fox as head coach, drafted Peppers 2 picks before Mike Williams, signed Jake Delhomme to be their QB, did some other things the Bills didn't, and are now light years ahead of the Bills.  Imagine if we hire Fox instead of Gregg Williams and who knows where we are today.

747761[/snapback]

Peppers had a sack that led to a fumble recovery/touchdown. The man is a freak of nature.

Good points Albany, what Carolina did was hire a football general manager. Marty Hunery has done wonders with the team since his hire and they look even more promising this year. We hired TD which set the Bills back ten years.

The thing that really hurts when watching Carolina is that the Bills & Carolina were about the same in 2001, with Carolina a little worse, the difference between the 2 teams being a 1 point home victory by the Bills over the Panthers.  Then Carolina hired John Fox as head coach, drafted Peppers 2 picks before Mike Williams, signed Jake Delhomme to be their QB, did some other things the Bills didn't, and are now light years ahead of the Bills.  Imagine if we hire Fox instead of Gregg Williams and who knows where we are today.

747761[/snapback]

Fox is a great coach, but he has free reigns in Carolina.

Can you imagine Fox working with TD as GM and be succesfull? Somehow I don't.

did some other things the Bills didn't, and are now light years ahead of the Bills.  Imagine if we hire Fox instead of Gregg Williams and who knows where we are today.

747761[/snapback]

Like getting the best OL from Green Bay to become Panthers.....

Fox would have got fired long ago.....Remmeber Fox would have had to

bear with the drafts provided by TD....and the last time I checked this

board, TDs draft day grade is a F- or something like that.. :blush: